139. Twoset Oompa-Loompas (writing challenge)

Another challenge from dustman22, another INSANE story from me, in exchange for a sweet story from dustman22. I was struggling for ideas so dustman22 gave me a prompt – chocolate factory. Kewl. Bring. It. On.

-------------------------------------

Eddy was tall.

This wouldn't have been an issue, in fact, it probably would've given him an edge had he lived in the human world as a human. Unfortunately for Eddy, he was an Oompa-Loompa and his very human-like proportions were seen as very "odd" "different" and "peculiar".

"Oh man, just look at him, he can't be one of us! He's too tall!!"

"Yeah giant!! Why don't you go back to your giant-land!!"

The other Oompa-Loompa children would throw chocolate gumballs at Eddy. These small spheres grew in multiple colours and were in abundance as they tend to overgrow all around the playground like an annoying weed. Unfortunately for Eddy, gumballs were sugar-coated and were very painful when they hit you in the face. Eddy covered his face and wailed.

"Ha, look at him, he's such a large target!! Scores 10 points per hit!!"

The other Oompa-Loompas ran around and quickly assumed different roles – Oompa-Loompas were known for their organised teamwork and even the youngsters were very quick to assume jobs that they were best at - some would collect more gumballs, others would hand them to the "throwers" 3 at a time to efficiently attack their target. The rows of gumball throwers, constantly replenished with ammunition, moved in closer and closer to Eddy. Eddy squatted down on the ground, trying to make himself as a small target as possible as he covered his face and head with his arms as he cried out for help.

"Hey!! Stop that!! That's not cool!!!"

"Oh not you again Brett. Why do you always try to protect him!?? He's just a freak!!"

"I'd say you're the freakish sicko!! There must be something seriously wrong with you to be such a f*ckin' ars*hole!!!"

For a young Oompa-Loompa, Brett had atrocious language.

"Oh yeah? Well, what are you gonna do about it ?!?"

Brett let out a smirk.

"I'm not even gonna bother telling you what I'm gonna do about it, I'm gonna show you!!!"

When Eddy was bullied for the umpteenth time for being taller than his peers, it was his best friend Brett who would, for the umpteenth time, without fail, stand up for him and would willingly get into a punch up with his peers to sort them right.

Now the smaller the Oompa-Loompa, the more muscular and stronger they were, therefore, Brett was one of the top dogs. He wasn't scared of his opponent at all. They were about the same size.

The crowd roared when Brett and the other Oompa-Loompa tumbled down the hill as they wrestled. They all exclaimed;

"NOOOOO not into the chocolate river...!!"

Brett and the other Oompa-Loompa plunged into the brown thick river. An alarm was triggered, blaring all around. The crowd scattered in all directions, attempt to get away before the security staff arrived. If they got caught and had them report to their parents, the consequences were not pleasant.

Eddy was the only one that remained at the chocolate riverbank. Brett had swum back towards Eddy. The other Oompa-Loompa had swum off to the other side.

"Hey Eddy.. give me a hand?"

Eddy's face was still covered in tears but he quickly got up.

"Yeah.. of course."

Eddy kneeled down by the riverbank and reached his hand out towards Brett.

When Brett grabbed Eddy's hand, Eddy didn't miss the twinkle in Brett's eyes and the mischievous grin that appeared on his lips.

Oh no. No way. Surely. That would be too crazy, even for Brett.

Apparently, it wasn't.

Brett anchored himself by placing his feet on the riverbank and pulled back, yanking Eddy into the chocolate river.

"Brett...n, no...!!"

Eddy fell in. As Eddy resurfaced, he gasped and heaved.

"OMG Brett, you, are, f*ckin' INSANE!!!!"

Brett burst out laughing. He wrapped his arms around his friend's neck.

"Gosh Eddy it's so great that you're so tall. I can't believe your feet reach the bottom of this river!"

Eddy shook his head in disbelief.

"Brett.. you are so..."

Brett smiled.

"So what, Eddy?"

Eddy wrapped his left hand around Brett under the liquid chocolate to support his friend. He then lifted his right hand out of the chocolate river as his hand cupped a scoop of liquid chocolate. An ENOURMOUS quantity of chocolate. Brett's eyes widened. He stammered.

"Ooooh, no. No, no, no, no, no Eddy...!"

Eddy let out a giggle. He started to sing a tune.

"Oompa loompa doompety doo.."

Brett cringed.

"Oh c'mon Eddy, really? Are you f*cking serious?!?"

By now Eddy had a radiant smile.

Brett started to whimper a plea.

"Oh c'mon Eddy, it's me. Oh for f*ck sake, I helped you!! Oh, please"

Brett was actually trying to suppress the urge to laugh out loud hysterically as he screamed when Eddy splashed the ridiculous amount of chocolate to his face. Brett let go of one his arms from Eddy and grabbed Eddy's hand.

"F*ck just look at the size of your hand. ...OMG Eddy, f*ck why didn't I think of it before...!!"

Brett and Eddy miraculously got away without any reprimand or punishment for falling into the chocolate river. There must have been a bigger emergency elsewhere within the chocolate factory and all security personnel must have been called to that instead.

The pesky Oompa-Loompa who was the ringleader in the previous incident was at it again.

"Hey Eddy, wanna be our target again? Let's play gumballs!!"

The next instant the ringleader Oompa-Loompa suddenly fell backwards as he was pelted with about 20 gumballs at once. It was as if he had a shotgun fired at him.

"WTF...!!"

When he looked up, he saw Brett and Eddy standing side by side with a smirk. Brett held a large bucket, filled up to its rim with gumballs. Eddy raised his eyebrows as he stepped closer and towered over the ringleader. Eddy then held out his right hand and showed him how he was able to hold 20 gumballs in his hand. Other Oompa-Loompas with their dainty hands could only hold 3 at best. The ringleader Oompa-Loompa's eyes widened in panic and fear. Eddy hummed confidently as he raised his right hand.

"Just so you know, that throw was with my left hand. I'm right-handed so my right hand throw is much, much stronger. Wanna feel what that's like ?"

Eddy was never bullied again.