155. Twoset Psychic

"Eddy?"

"Yah?"

"It's... that time of the month for me again."

Eddy cringed as he face-palmed himself. He shook his head and pleaded.

"Brett... please... please can't you come up with a different way to say it??"

Brett cringed back.

"But Eddy, there's no other way to explain it.. it happens every month like clockwork. It's on a frickin' 28 day cycle for crying out loud, heck I bet I'm more accurate than any periodic cycle of any sort... I must be following the bloody lunar cylcle.."

Eddy rubbed his face with his hands.

"OMG. Okay, fine, I got it. So what exactly do you want me to do ?"

"I need to run a few errands.. will you come with me? Just in case I freak out. Please?"

Eddy shrugged.

"Well instead of me chaperoning you wherever you go, why won't you simply let me run the errands for you or could you just postpone them till next week when your time of the month {{{shudder}}} is over?"

Brett flapped his arms.

"Nooooo.. it's a physio appointment in the city.. So I can't get you to go instead of me and it's really hard to get an appointment rescheduled, I really don't want to miss it.. please, Eddy."

Eddy's expression softened.

"Okay, okay, that's fine, don't worry, I'll come with you. We're catching the train into the city, yeah?"

"Yeah.. I hate trains when I'm... y'know."

"Why? What's wrong with the bloody train?"

Brett and Eddy sat in the train, side by side.

They sat in silence for 10 minutes or so when Eddy decided to check on Brett.

"Hey, so Brett, are you okay?"

Brett didn't answer. Eddy leaned towards him and peered into his face.

"Sh*t, you're pale as a sheet. What's the matter? What happened?"

"Eddy...did you hear that little kid.. the one that sat in front of us with his dad said?"

"What, the little blonde one that just got off the train at the last stop? No I didn't hear what he said.. what did he say?"

"He said why are there so many ghosts at the stations. Then he looked up and our eyes met. And then it kicked in.. it started.."

"But the platform at the last station was practically empty...? OMFG.. you saw something?!"

"I didn't see anything till I heard the kid speak.. He must have triggered me"

"Oh no"

"Eddy.. Train stations are the pits.. it was almost like rush hour traffic. They gather here because they've been tragic accidents here. I saw so many.. and now we're about to arrive at another station.. Oh no, Eddyyyy...!!"

"Hey.. look, they can't harm you right? Can't you just close your eyes?"

Brett grabbed hold of Eddy's arms and heaved.

"You don't understand Eddy.. I can't unsee them because they want to be seen, once one of them catches on that I'm one of the few that can see them, they all gather up and make me see them through my eyelids."

Eddy held Brett's face with his hands.

"Okay well then, just keep looking at me then.  Don't look at anything else."

Brett shifted his eyes to the left and right as his lips quivered.

"...We're at the station.... Eddy, there's... there's already one in between us"

Eddy grimaced. He moved his face closer to Brett.

"...What about now?"

"...he's pissed."

"OMFG"

Eddy moved in even closer till their noses touched.

"How about now?"

Brett chuckled.

'Well there's no room left for him to squeeze in for sure. But boy he's pissed..."

Brett instantly regretted provoking the being in front of him as it stuck its tongue out and shoved it into Eddy's ear.

"OMG!"

"What?!"

"..You don't feel anything ?  Good, then it's nothing. Let me just say you don't want to know."

"F*ck, is it something bad? It sounds like he's doing something awful to me. Please tell me."

Brett's eyes glazed over as he witnessed his boyfriend being devoured by 10s of beings all nibbling or licking parts of his face and neck.  He tried really hard not to cringe but was failing miserably.

"It's... not very nice but it's harmless to you. They can't physically hurt you, so don't worry."

"That sounds so frickin' terrible. Y'know what? Don't tell me... I don't' wanna know."

"I.. I think that's for the best Eddy. Oh for crying out loud...!"

Brett started flicking his arms around Eddy as if he was trying to shoo something away.

Eddy darted his eyes around him confused and flabbergasted.

"Brett, they can't hurt you right, why don't you just leave them alone."

"They're not doing anything to me. I'm just annoyed of what they're doing to you"

Eddy's eyes widened.

"OMG what the f*ck are they doing to me!?!?"

"Remember Eddy, you decided not to ask!! Just count your blessings that you don't sense the supernatural. Believe me, Eddy, it's truly a blessing. It's so much more empowering than living in fear like I do. To me, you're my indestructible superhero."