92. Twoset Handbells

Brett got sick.

He had a high temperature and felt nauseous. He would get all hot and sweaty, then suddenly feel cold. He had a sore throat. He needed a lot of help from Eddy to get through this. Eddy was more than happy to help out but felt pained to see Brett struggle to tell Eddy what he wanted when he had a very sore throat.

Then Eddy had an idea.

He went into their filming room and came out with their set of handbells he had previously purchased for filming a video for their Youtube channel. The set had 8 little bells to complete an octave. He then drew up a table to show which bell Brett should ring for each need he had.

Ring the C bell for water

Ring the D bell for a meal

Ring the E bell for meds

Ring the F bell for a cup of warm tea

Ring the G bell for a snack

Ring the A bell for blanket

Ring the B bell for turning on the air-con

Ring the high-C bell for bucket (for spewing)

Brett croaked.

"What if I need more than one thing?"

Eddy grinned as he tapped his head with his index finger.

"It's okay, you can ring as many bells you want at the same time. It's the perfect pitch boi you're talking to here."

Shortly after Eddy left Brett's room, Brett felt like having a cup of tea so he rung the B bell.

Eddy came into his room with a mug of tea.

Brett croaked.

"Thank you Eddy, this is great."

Eddy smiled.

"Shhh, don't try to talk with your sore throat.  The whole point of this was to stop you from talking, remember?  Yeah,  I think it's a brilliant idea.  It's kinda fun listening to the bell you ring and work out what you want."

A few hours later,  Brett noticed it was time for his meds.  He wanted a glass of water to take his meds, his meds and a snack.

Brett rang the C, E and G bells together.

Eddy entered his room with all the stuff Brett wanted.

Brett croaked.

"Thank you Eddy."

Eddy smiled.

"Not a problem. The C major chord sounded really nice, too."

After Brett awoke from another few hours of sleeping, he was hot and thirsty, so he rang a couple of bells together. He wanted water and the air-con turned on.

Eddy entered his room with a glass of water.

"Hey, Brett. I turned on the air-con.  You should feel the room cool down in a bit."

Brett croaked.

"Thank you Eddy, ...are you okay?"

Eddy quickly smiled.

"Yeah, of course I am. Hey, don't try to talk when you have a sore throat."

A few hours later, Brett was troubled. He was staring at the bell table Eddy had written for him. Brett wanted to get Eddy to bring him some water and his dinner but he knew Eddy wouldn't like those sound combinations. So he decided to ring the bells separately and not simultaneously.

Eddy came into Brett's room with a glass of water.

"Hey Brett, dinner's not quite ready yet but I'll bring it to you as soon as it's ready, yeah?  Look, you don't need to ring the bells separately, I can tell their sounds even if you ring them together y'know."

Brett croaked.

"Yeah I know but I also know you don't like discordance."

Eddy looked at Brett in surprise.

"Was I that obvious last time I brought you stuff with C & B?"

"OMG I can't even remember what notes I played but yeah."

"Look, let me work out the common combinations and rewrite this table to improve its musicality, okay?"

Eddy grabbed the bell table and ran out Brett's room.

Brett croaked.

"OMFG."