194. Twoset Traceurs II

Brett walked into the filming frame as he waved to the camera and Eddy stood up. Brett turned towards Eddy, mindful that their audience would not be able to lipread him and said;

"I'm glad you look like you're in good form, Eddy. You good to go?"

The camera captured Eddy's smile and nod.

----------------------------------------

As Eddy backed away out of the camera frame, Brett moved into the centre of the frame in front of the tallest pillar and demonstrated his precision jump, leaping onto its top, landing with his feet together so softly its sound was barely picked up by the microphone. Though it had not been captured on screen, Eddy was gazing admirably at his parkour partner's nimbleness.

The duo proceeded to, for the next 20 seconds, repeatedly throw out the same thing in rock paper scissors, till Brett shrugged his shoulders and mouthed "I give up", then tapped Eddy on the shoulder as he shouted out;

"You're it!"

Then Brett started his freerun.

Eddy would have had an advantage as he had already scoured the equipment once already. Brett had just gone straight into it. Not that he was slowed down by it at all. They weren't actually playing "it" or "tag", just running along the equipment to demonstrate various techniques.

Afterwards, the tripod that housed the camera was moved to position the frame to capture a tall wall that had been carefully chosen for their next demonstration.

The two men first faced each other in a closeup in front of the camera as they grinned and nodded to each other. They then made a dash towards the wall. Both men attempted an arm jump or cat leap in which they jumped and landed feet-first on the wall, catching the horizontal top with their hands. Except Brett couldn't reach the top of the wall. Eddy had with ease and pushed himself up with his arms and turned, ending up sitting on the top of the wall with a beaming smile, taking full advantage of his height, long limbs and strong arms. Meanwhile, unfazed, Brett quickly took several steps back and ran towards the wall again and this time successfully executed a wall run, he had taken two steps running up the wall to reach the top of it. Brett had also taken full advantage of what was working for him, his agility and lighter frame, as he managed to pull himself up on the wall and landed himself to sit right next to Eddy. Perhaps just a bit too close. But Eddy didn't mind, neither did Brett. And their Youtube channel audience would most certainly not mind, in fact, they would probably go wild in the comments section to discuss any subtle or not so subtle moments of closeness of the duo. 

They proceeded to film detailed tutorials on the moves they had demonstrated.

"Hey Brett, good work, mate."

"Thanks, Eddy, you too."

"Brett..!"

"Eddy!! Hold on!!"

"I can't.. and if I fall my weight may dislodge your stake too..."

"F*ck Eddy don't you dare let go of me."

"Brett, I am not gonna let you die with me if I can help it."

"F*ck Eddy, don't you dare f*cking let go...!!"

"I have to."

Brett's eyes widened. He stared into Eddy's calm eyes. Eddy actually managed to smile at Brett.

"I have to. I love you too much."

And Eddy let go. As he fell, he heard Brett's anguished scream;

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

"I... I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH...!!!"

Eddy shot his eyes open and jolted up in his bed.

"...Eddy? Eddy? Are you alright?"

"...Brett..!?"

Brett opened Eddy's bedroom door and entered. He turned on the bedroom light.

"Oh no Eddy, not again..? Two nights in a row? Eddy, are you alright?"

The stimulus of the light seemed to have helped Eddy wake up and help him ground himself. He looked at Brett and stammered;

"Brett.. yeah, I'm fine.. I'm fine.. oh my god, that was actually not as bad.. at least I was the one falling..."

"Falling?"

"We were climbing some kind of wall... actually a cliff.. and my equipment failed.. stakes pulled out with my bodyweight and you grabbed me but I.. had to let go of your hand ...to save you."

Brett's eyes widened in shock.

"Oh my f*cking god I cannot think of a worse nightmare."

"Well the one I had the night before was worse.. it actually made me throw up, remember?"

Brett sat next to Eddy on the bed.

"How could it possibly be worse? What happened in that dream?"

Just to recall that dream he had the night before upset Eddy so much, he closed his eyes in an attempt to hold back his tears. His voice hitched as he replied;

"..The roles were reversed.. I tried to save you but you let go and fell..."

Eddy started crying.

Brett held his best friend as he chuckled.

"Geez."

"...What's so f*cking funny?"

"I'm sorry Eddy, it's not funny. It's not funny at all. But it's sweet."

Eddy closed his eyes and wailed.

"What's so f*cking sweet?!"

Brett planted a kiss on Eddy's head then whispered;

"..That it upsets you more when I fall, not youself."