159. Twoset Guardian

A/N: This is a sequel to 158. Twoset La Mort.  Roles reversed !!

---------------------------------------

Brett checked his clipboard for his next appointment and groaned when he saw the all too familiar name at the top of his list.

Eddy Chen.

Brett took a deep breath in an attempt to calm himself down as he opened his office door and called out into the waiting room;

"Next waiting, please... Eddy?"

"Yeah, thanks."

Eddy entered the room.

Gosh doesn't he look fabulous... if only he....

"Hi Brett, how's it going?"

"Oh, yeah, I'm okay, what about you?"

"I'm okay.. well, workwise though not so good, otherwise I wouldn't be here I suppose."

"Indeed. So how are you going, Angel?"

Eddy frowned.

"Please Brett, I really despise being called that."

"Well, what else am I supposed to call you? ...Cherub?"

Eddy recoiled in horror.

"OMFG that's worse!! Can't you call me something that sounds a bit more... rugged, like Guardian? It makes me sound tougher."

Brett rolled his eyes.

"Eddy.. it might sound somewhat tougher I suppose but it still means Angel, y'know."

"Yeah I know... Look, Brett, it's not like I don't like the job. I just don't like the employee benefits.. or lack of it... and their stupid, stupid administrative regulations."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, for starters, I hate their uniform."

"Ooookay... I kinda noticed that and it also says here that you've been sent to me because this is your 3rd uniform breach. Like, look Eddy, there is absolutely no doubt, you look fabulous, I mean, you took my breath away when you walked in here..."

Eddy perked up and smiled.

"Really? Oh Brett, thank you so much!! See, I had to visit so many op shops, market stalls and hardware shops to find the right clothes and accessories..."

"It's stunning. The whole outfit you put together really suits you.  The accessories really show a lot of personality....it's just that.."

"Just what?"

"IT'S NOT WHITE AND YOU HAVE CHAINS DANGLING EVERYWHERE!!"

"Oh c'mon Brett!! Why do I have to wear white and what's wrong with wearing a bit of metal!?!?!"

"BECAUSE YOU ARE A FRICKIN' ANG... GUARDIAN!?!?"

Eddy smiled.

"Hey Brett, thank you so much for calling me that, it does make a difference y'know. Sounds heaps better than Angel...."

"Oh for goodness sakes, will you please focus for a nanosecond!!!"

"But Brett..."

"NO!! I'm sorry, I've even contacted your HR, they said they would accept your rather unorthodox apparel if it satisfied most of the description of their uniform. But wearing skin-tight BLACK LEATHER with enough chains to stock a small warehouse is just not on!!"