148. Twoset Teachers XV

Previous chapters in this series;

1. Potions - my favourite subject  (Twoset Teachers XIII)

2. Devotion – do it for me  (Twoset Teachers XIV)

----------------------------------------

3. Promotion – 30% off

It was Saturday morning.

Eddy materialised in Brett's old bedroom at his parents' house in their wizard world.

"Brett, wake up."

Brett stirred.

"What the.. Eddy...? Whaddya doing in my bedroom?"

"I was waiting for you outside. You slept in."

"Oh sh*t, sorry. .. Where did you get that coffee from?"

"I've already been and back once. Unfortunately they don't sell good coffee in the world of wizards."

Brett whined.

"But where's mine?"

Eddy rolled his eyes and held up his take away coffee cup in front of his face on the palm of his left hand. He hovered his right hand above the cup and first lowered his pinky, then ring finger. He then tucked in his thumb so that he was now only holding out two fingers like a sign for peace. He then snapped his wrist and gently tapped his coffee cup with his two fingers tips. The coffee cup on his palm duplicated. Eddy quickly grabbed hold of the base of the two cups. He then passed one of the cups to Brett.

"There ya go."

"What was that?"

"Just a duplication spell. I perfected it for coffee.. auto re-heat and I took out the milk for yours. I worked it out in potions"

"Wow. Fancy. Thanks."

"C'mon, I actually made an appointment with the real estate agent. and I don't wanna be late."

"Okay okay, I'm ready."

Brett's sleepwear morphed into casual clothing within seconds as he followed Eddy out of his bedroom.

"It will be good to rent a property in the human world Brett.. we'll save so much time on..  um.. I guess you could call it ..commuting time..?"

Brett chuckled. 

"Yeah."

"Hi..."

"Oh hello you two, how are we today?"

"Good thanks. We'd made an appointment.. Yang and Chen?"

"Yes, this was for rental properties, wasn't it?"

"Yes"

"Great! So what kind of property are you two after?"

"A two bedroom flat. The 2nd bedroom will be used as a practice room for music so it needs to be in a building where the sound isn't gonna bother the other residents."

"Oooh tricky. Lemme see if I can find something."

"Thanks."

"In the meantime, you mind filling out this form for me?"

"Sure thing."

Eddy took the clipboard while Brett curiously looked at some of the leaflets on the table.

"Um.. by the way, our budget is kinda tight... but we're willing to compromise on certain aspects.."

"Okay.. well.. how are you with the supernatural?"

Brett and Eddy looked at each other. Their eyebrows went up simultaneously.

It was Brett who asked first.

"In exactly what context?"

"Well.. do you two believe in spirits and ghosts?"

"Um..."

This time Eddy spoke up.

"Why exactly are you asking?"

"We do have a flat.. very suited for your needs, actually.. two large bedrooms, quiet location and it's a corner room that juts into the backyard bush so you can make a lot of noise and won't bother your neighbours. And the rent is like 30% less of what other similar places go for in the area."

"Wow, that sounds fantastic..!"

"It's just that.."

"It's just that what?"

"I can't seem to keep a tenant in there.. they all move out shortly after they move in.. claiming that the place is haunted."

"Oh c'mon what the fu..NNGGA"

Eddy had covered Brett's mouth with his hand.

"Sorry, I beg your pardon? Did you just say the place was haunted?"

"Look it's not me, it's just that all the past residents said so.. I obviously only have 5 senses because I've even camped out there overnight with a sleeping bag and didn't sense anything with my 6th."

"6th ?"

"Y'know. Sixth sense"

Even Eddy wasn't familiar with that one. He made a mental note to look that one up later. In the meantime, he decided to put on a little act to get him unstuck.

"Sorry.. my English not very good, what is 6th sense?"

"Oh, we say that people who can see spirits or ghosts have a 6th sense."

"Oh I see.. hmm well I don't think neither of us does.. may we go and see the place please?"

"Eddy, why the f*ck did you say I don't think neither of us does ?!"

"Oh c'mon Brett, like we could say oh not a problem, we deal with spirits and ghosts all the time and oh by the way we're wizards g'day, can we!?"

"So do you think this place is really haunted?"

"Who knows.. we'll soon find out."

Eddy inserted the key to the door and unlocked it. When he entered the flat, he stood by the doorway with Brett by his side, scanning for any presence of... anything. The place felt vacant.  The duo stepped inside the flat and let the door close behind them.

"...Notice anything, Brett?"

"Yuck"

"What?"

"It's.. yucky....like cooties"

Eddy cringed.

"Duly noted."

Brett wasn't very articulate with his words, but he was twice as much a wizard than Eddy who was half-muggle. Eddy respected Brett's heightened sense to detect spirits and the like and thought there may actually be something there that Eddy could not notice.

"I don't think there's anything here Brett.. Brett?."

Mouth agape, Brett stood in silence.

"Hey, what's the matter, Brett?"

Then Eddy saw it. Behind Brett stood a tall woman with long blonde hair. She had her arms draped over Brett's shoulders, caressing him from behind. Brett seemed immobilised by her hold. She then spoke to Eddy, her voice was breathy and gravelly;

"...I like your friend.. he's so cute. Can I keep him?"

--------------------------

A/N: This story will be continued in its own book titled "As Humanly Wizard".  If you liked this story so far please go and check it out, thank you !!