114. Twoset Searcher III

"Um.. what exactly are you doing?"

"Brett... you're.. so cute."

"Um... I don't think we should.."

"Oh c'mon, we're both adults, aren't we?"

"Are... aren't you married..??"

"Oh, like I said, we're all adults y'know...."

"Sorry, excuse me...!!!"

Brett dodged the person in front of him and he moved away from the deserted part of the corridor and stepped back into the company office area. He hurried back to his booth.

Eddy turned around in his chair.

"Brett..? Dude, you okay?"

Brett was stiff and tense as a board. He was grimacing like that emoji that showed all its little teeth like a keyboard.

"I... I.. um..."

"OMG what is it ?"

"...Eddy, I need some bubble tea after work today.... please"

"Sure. Of course."

"I need a big one Eddy."

"...? How big ?"

"Extra large."

Eddy recoiled in horror.

"Holly sh*t, that bad, huh"

Eddy was about to spit and spray a mouthful of bubble tea like a shotgun. It was a miracle that he managed to hold it all in.

"She propositioned you?!?!"

"SHHHHHHH!!! OMG Eddy keep your voice down !!!"

"Sorry. She.. propositioned you?"

"...Yeah."

"Bull."

"No bull."

"Can't she... um.. tell?"

Brett slammed his Extra Large bubble tea onto the table and flapped his arms as he created quotation marks with his fingers and hissed.

"Some people can't tell...!!!"

"Hmm. But hang on, isn't she married?"

Brett kept flapping as he accentuated his sentences.

"She didn't seem to care. She said we're all adults y'know.. I have no idea what that means."

Eddy cringed.

"And you obviously don't like the idea."

Brett scoffed.

"Well duh. What do you think !?!?!?"

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. OMG Brett, I'm really sorry. Please, not the death stare."

Brett screeched as he ran his hands through his hair.

"OMFG what am I supposed to do? I just wanna go to work then go home. No complications. What sorta toxic hell hole do we work in!?!?!? Why is this happening to me?!!?!?!?!? "

"Cos you're too cute, Brett."

Brett pulled his hands out from his hair and slapped them on his lap.  His hair was a big mess, like a bird's nest.

"Oh stop that Eddy."

"I mean it."

Brett started flapping his arms again.

"Eddy!! You're not helping !!!!"

"Okay okay Brett... can I make a suggestion?"

"Brett, why are you avoiding me?"

"I.. I really don't want to get involved."

"Why not?"

"Oh y'know. I'm such a blabbermouth. Are you sure you can handle it?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"I'm such a blabbermouth. I like bragging.. "

"Oh but we are all adults Brett.... You should know these things must be kept discreet..."

"Oh really? But I'm not like that you see... I don't know about you but as for me, regardless of whether things go well or not so well, I'd be seeking advice from anyone and EVERYONE, y'know."

"Eddy, Eddy, THANK YOU! She avoids me like the plague now."

Eddy smiled behind his coffee mug.

"I'm glad to hear."

Brett held his mug with both hands, enjoying the warmth on a chilly autumn morning.

"So Eddy, how'd you know what to say?"

Eddy smiled again.

"Like I've said before, it's all in the kinds of questions you ask and how you answer them."

Eddy gently lifted up his large mug and hid his face as he stuck the tip of his tongue out.

...And besides, I don't want some b*tch hovering around my crush either.