47. Twoset Pest Controllers II

A/N:  I was meant to write this sooner but had writer's block.  I've been inspired by today's Twoset's video to complete this sequel...!!  So Eddy really doesn't like.. em, does he...

-----------------------------------------------------

Brett heard his phone give off a ping noise and so he stopped typing on his office computer and picked up his phone.

1 text message from an unidentified number.

Sometimes new customers preferred to text his mobile number, so Brett thought such was the case in this instance. He tapped to read the message.

Hi Brett, it's Eddy Chen. I'm sorry I haven't contacted you earlier, may I come in this afternoon to drop off the uniform?

Brett had to fire Eddy who he had just hired as a pest control technician because Eddy had a severe case of the fear of cockroaches. Eddy had said he would return his uniform within the next few days but come to think about it, it's almost been a couple of weeks since that day.  

Hi Eddy, sure, not a problem, I'm in the office all day, see you anytime.

Brett decided he would go and grab something to eat now so that he wouldn't have to duck out to get lunch in the afternoon and possibly miss Eddy's visit. He caught the lift downstairs and as he got out on the ground floor, he saw a familiar face outside the building. Brett approached the familiar-looking young man.

"Um... Eddy?"

The young man turned around startled.

"Brett..!!"

"Geez, you're early."

Brett whipped out his phone and checked the time. It was 11:30am.

"Um, yeah, I was a bit early but didn't want to barge in on you in case you had something on."

"Eddy, you could've just asked if you could see me now. Um... I was about to go grab some lunch, would you want to join me?"

"Um.. yeah, sure."

"What do you wanna eat? Any preference ?"

"Um... Asian ?"

"Sure, How about Taiwanese?"

"My favourite."

"Great, I know a nice place."

"Oh my god you didn't have to pay for my lunch Brett..!!"

"Hey it's okay, I don't like fussing over the bill at the till, y'know."

"Um.. well thank you Brett. It was really nice food. Look, can I at least get you a coffee or something ?"

Brett smiled.

"That's a very nice gesture. Thanks, Eddy."

Once they settled inside a nearby café, Eddy opened his backpack.

"Look, I'm just taking this out now so that I don't forget to give it back to you. It's the uniform I was meant to bring back to you last week."

Eddy pulled out a paper bag from his backpack and passed it to Brett.