17. Twoset Daddy II

A/N: Hi y'all. I came up with a sequel for Twoset Daddy. 

I hope you enjoy it!

(Part 1 is Chapter 6 in this book)

---------------------------------------

"Time for bed Brett, I love you. Daddy loves you so much."

7 year old Brett giggled. It's music to Eddy's ears. It's been just over a month since Brett's mother walked out on Eddy and their son.

"I love you, too Daddy. Hey Daddy, guess what ?? Mummy told me when she took me out for lunch today that I am going to have a little brother."

Eddy felt like his heart stopped and started to bleed. Eddy knew that Brett's mum was expecting a child that he was not a father of. Eddy put on his bravest face and smiled.

"...Oh yeah, so she finally told you the good news! You always said you wanted a little brother, right?"

Eddy's heart continued to bleed.

Brett bounced on his bed mattress excitedly.

"Yeah! And Mummy said she's already picked a name. My little brother is going to be called Brad."

".......What...??"

Eddy grabbed a bath towel and covered his mouth with it, as he gagged.

"Daddy??"

"I'm sorry Brett, I'm okay... I think I just have an upset tummy or something.. I'll be right back."

As he quickly left Brett's bedroom, Eddy clenched his teeth into the bath towel in an attempt to suppress his ear-piercing shriek, an anguished scream that he seemed to have no control over. He staggered into the bathroom and as soon as he closed the door behind him, his knees buckled, he collapsed in front of the toilet and retched.

A few minutes later.

"I'm sorry about that Brett, I hope I didn't scare you. I must have eaten something yucky. Time for bed now. I love you. Daddy loves you so much."

7 year old Brett smiled.

"Yes I know Daddy, I love you too. Hey Daddy?"

"Yes?"

"I bet I know who else you love."

"Yeah ? Who?"

Eddy expects Brett to say Auntie Belle or Nana.

"...Mummy ?"

Eddy's heart sank.

"Brett.. I'm sorry, I used to love your mum, but I don't think I do anymore."

"Oh..."

"I'm so sorry son, but I want to be honest with you."

"Okay"

Little tears drops started to sprinkle from Brett's eyes.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm going to love you as much as two parents can, I promise, okay ?"

"Okay, Daddy."

Fast forward 1 year. Brett is 8 years old.

"Daddy.."

"Hey son, how was lunch with your mum? What, what's wrong Brett, why are you crying."

Brett sniffled.

"..Mummy said she's having another baby. She said this time it's a girl."

"Oh... well, you like your little brother Brad, right? I remember you said you always wanted a little brother, now a sister? That's exciting, isn't it?"