48. Twoset Grapefruit Boys III

A/N:  This story is a sequel to "Twoset Grapefruit Boys (Chapters 26 & 34).  Brett and Eddy are in their mid 40s, happily married and their adopted daughter Claire is 20 years old.

-------------------------------------------------------

Brad groaned.

He was on his way to visit his girlfriend's house and get introduced to her parents. His girlfriend Claire was adopted by a male couple so she has two dads, their names were Brett and Eddy. She calls them Detty and Deddy respectively and addresses both her parents together as Dads. Brad thought that was kinda cool.

Claire told him that Deddy was happy to meet him but her other dad, Detty was having difficulties coming to terms with the fact that his little girl (who was now 20 years old !) was old enough to have a boyfriend.

They had met up at a cafe and were now walking to Claire's house.

"So.. Mr Yang is the more fatherly figure?"

"Um... I don't know. They're both just my dads. I never thought of one being more like a dad or mum."

"But he's the one that shoos away all the boyfriends?"

Claire slapped Brad's arm.

"OMG Brad, it's not like I had a whole string of them, y'know."

Brad smiled.

"Well, I'm glad to hear that."

Brad's question about whether Detty was more the dad figure got Claire thinking. Was he? She thought Detty was definitely acting more like an over-protective Dad than Deddy was, but then Deddy admitted that he had cried just imagining her wedding day!!

Then there were definitely certain aspects of Detty that were more like a mother figure than Deddy was, for example, Detty was much more patient when he tried to help her with certain school subjects, particularly those that she used to be bad at. Deddy on the other hand, being a much more intuitive person, often struggled with why his daughter couldn't keep up with his pace of thinking and she could tell that he got frustrated with her and even though he was really nice about it, it still stressed her out.

And then there was Deddy being much more mum-like when she got her first period, perhaps because Deddy has a sister, Auntie Belle. Deddy was prepared for this particular milestone and was definitely more comfortable about talking about brands of pads or tampons than Detty ever was. And of course, it was Deddy who discretely asked Claire what kind of contraception she used with Brad and insisted she still uses condoms for protection, whereas Detty may still believe she was a virgin.

"Claire? .. Um... Earth calling Claire Yang-Chen??"

"...? Oops, sorry Brad, just thinking about what you were saying.. I think my dads are just a big mixture of mum and dad bits."

"So... is Mr Yang gonna kill me when I come over ?"

"Hmm.. I don't know."

Brad recoiled in horror.

"OMG, you're not going to deny it!?"

"Deddy assured me that he'll keep Detty under control."

"OMG Claire, this isn't helping...!!"

"Look, they are both great dads... I don't know why Detty is freaking out so much, he's normally really chill. I've never seen him flipped out like this. Once he is cool, Detty is really cool, I promise."

"Ok.. just don't leave me alone with him until I know he's not gonna kill me, okay??"

"I promise."