35. Twoset Sky-divers II

--fast forward--

--fast forward--

--fast forward--

"Oh my god, what the heck was that thing that you did up there??"

"It was a kiss."

--fast forward--

"You tilted your head and I got carried away. Um.. sorry."

"Bro, that was a close one.. you lingered too long, man."

"I know, sorry. I got a bit carried away."

It's been a week since Eddy went sky-diving. Eddy kept playing the video of his sky-dive that he had downloaded from Brett's website. He only watched the actual jump once. The remainder views were just going over the dialogue between himself and Brett, with one interjection by Brett's twin brother Brad. Eddy played it over and over so many times, he was able to pick up on the subtle differences between the twin's voices, he was almost confident he could tell them apart if they had called him.

If Brett actually ever called him.

Eddy also replayed the unrecorded conversation that took place between himself and Brett over and over in his head.

"... I'm saying you were open to the idea, which is probably why you subconsciously matched my head tilt."

"Hmm... interesting.. I think I learnt something about myself quite profound."

"So.. can I call you?"

"Sure. I'm open to that idea..."

"So.. can I call you?"

"Sure. I'm open to that idea..."

Brett said he wanted to call him. Eddy said he was open to the idea. Could he have made it any clearer?

Why hasn't he called?

He must say it to lots of guys who become his customers.

Eddy sighed.

It was too good to be true.

It was at that very moment when Eddy's phone rang with a call from an unidentified number.

Eddy nearly dropped his phone. Trying to grab it in haste, he touched the answer button as he flung the phone onto the sofa and saw it bounce away from his reach. It took a few extra seconds to get hold of it again to answer the call.

"...Hello?"

"...Hi, is this Eddy?"

"Yeah. ...Is this... Brad?"

"Holly f*ck how'd you tell?"

Eddy smiled. He hoped Brett was nearby Brad.

"I think you sound a bit calmer than your brother."

"Yeah, he's one hyperactive idiot, isn't he? OW!! Hey, I'm doing you a favour here, OW!!! Oh, for f*ck sake Brett, I swear I will hang up this call if you don't quit it."

He IS nearby Brad!!

Eddy struggled to suppress a grin.

"Hey Brad, are you okay?"

"Yeah, just my stupid brother, wants to talk to you. Lemme put him on before he kills me."

"Um.. okay."

"..Hi Eddy."