151. Twoset Inventor

A/N: This is a prequel to "150. Twoset Timetravellers".

--------------------------------

"Welcome, Brett!"

"Hello Eddy."

"Brett, I made a magic drink!! Do you want some?"

"Um... okay..??"

5 year old Eddy passed a plastic Elmo cup to his friend 6 year old Brett.

Brett momentarily hesitated, but then with a look of determination, took a swig of its contents.

The next moment his mouth opened agape as its contents poured out from his mouth like a waterfall.

Eddy screamed.

"Oh no, muuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!!!"

"Eddy!!! Oh dear Brett sweetie, are you okay?! Eddy Chen!!! I told you NOT to give that horrible concoction of yours to anybody!! Didn't you learn your lesson when you gave some of that stuff to Belle!?!?"

"But muuuuum, Brett would drink anything for me, I thought he would be okay!!"

"NO Eddy, you do NOT take advantage of your friend's kindness!! Do you understand!?!?"

"Yes mum, I'm sorry."

"I think you are apologising to the wrong person Eddy!!"

Mrs Chen had brought over a large towel to wipe Brett's face.

"Brett sweetheart, I'm so sorry. Eddy will show you to the bathroom so you can rinse out your mouth and I'll get one of Eddy's shirts for you to get changed into, okay?"

Brett repeatedly blinked as he nodded.

"Eeeew.. okay...thank you Aunty Chen..."

"I'll have some tea ready for you to drink.. it seemed to have helped Belle."

"Brett, I'm sorry."

"It's okay.. but that was pretty yucky.. what was it?"

"It was sugar and salt mixed together."

Brett frowned.

"Uuuum okay.. why did you make it?"

"Well, I thought if I mixed the same amount together they would cancel out each other's tastes and taste like water again."

"Well it sure didn't!! ..But Eddy, didn't you taste it yourself?"

"I did.. and I could still taste both the salt and sugar.. so they aren't opposite. I thought that was really strange and interesting and I wanted you to try it, too. I knew you wouldn't get mad like Belle did."

Brett looked at his friend and smiled.

"I suppose that is interesting.. but not all opposites cancel each other out Eddy."

"Really?"

"Well.. yeah like if we both sang the note Eeeee..."

"Brett, you're off pitch. It's Eeeeeee"

Brett rolled his eyes.

"Okay Eeeeeeee.. and then you go down to a C and I go up to Geeee"

"Brett, you're off pitch again, it's Geeeeee"

"Geeeee, got it, okay you go down to a C"

The boys sang in harmony.

"See, our sounds weren't cancelled out."