165. Twoset Searcher IV

A/N:  In the previous episode, Eddy secretly admitted to himself that he had a crush on his colleague Brett.

-----------------------------------------------

Brett and Eddy worked for a database company as searchers. Their job was challenging and iNtErEsTiNg, however, for some bizarre reason, their work environment was extremely toxic.

"Yo, Eddy! It's Friday!! You're coming out for drinks this evening, aren'tcha ?"

"Oh, thank you for the invite Warren, but no than.."

"WTF, why not !?"

"...I have prior plans."

"Oh c'mon, cancel them."

"I can't. I've made a promise way before this company drinks thing."

"Oh c'mon which one is more important!?"

"My prior arrangement. Sorry."

"WTF you're such a wet blanket, mate."

Eddy returned from the print room and sat down at his seat and sighed.

"Eddy? Are you alright?"

"Yeah Brett.. just the usual."

"How bad?"

"Oh, as bad as usual."

"Oh f*ck, I'm sorry to hear that."

"Yo Brett!!"

"Oh, hi Warren."

"OMG you better not be like this guy over there, such a f*cking boring wet blanket he is, you'd think he'd have nothing better to do but whatever stupid plans he's made, he somehow thinks is more important..."

Brett glanced towards his favourite colleague. Eddy was facing his computer with his headsets on, pretending to be engrossed in a spreadsheet on his monitor. Brett knew Eddy was totally faking it, the spreadsheet was their product line catalogue which both of them knew by heart already and never had to refer to it.

"Warren c'mon mate.. he's sitting right there y'know.."

"Oh, he's got headsets on, he ain't gonna hear me."

It was evident that Eddy wasn't on a call. Brett knew Eddy liked to have his microphone positioned at a certain angle from his headset when he spoke on the phone. He just knew these things. Brett bit his lower lip.

"Look, I'm sorry I can't make it either."

"Oh WTF, are you just a frickin' cheapskate who doesn't wanna contribute to the drink rounds!!"

"I beg your pardon?"

"You heard me, I mean what better plans can you possibly have and not show up to Friday drinks?"

"...I have a date."

"Wooooooooo, Brett, my man...!!"

"Yeah, so, um, if you would understand I'd appre.."

"Oh c'mon Brett, blow her off, just this time round. We're getting together for Jack's farewell!!"

"Who's Jack?"

"He's downstairs in admin."

"Look, I don't even know the guy..."

"Oh, c'mon!! Blow her off, tell her she'll just have to wait till next week. Tell her you'll make it up to her extra special when you get together with her next time."