Reveal That To Me Which is Hidden

Jackie noticed Marco's shifting and let out a little sigh.

"Why are you so nervous around me?" - JL

She asked genuinely. Marco felt surprised by the sudden question, but...he wanted to be honest.

"I'm...not entire sure. This is my first date...and you're super cool...and I don't want you think I'm stupid..." - M

"It's okay, I asked you out because I knew what kind of person you were. Dude, you puked on my lap in third grade, broke my skateboard, and then that weird Box of Truth thing at Aster's sleep over. But even after all of that, you always manage to get right back on your feet! Like skateboarding." - JL

Marco blushed yet again, hearing the compliment. His self esteem had gone up considerably since meeting Aster, but...hearing it from her felt different...

"Haha...yeah, I really don't know anything about skateboarding though." - M

"What? Okay! You're gonna learn today!" - JL

She said as she lifted her dress to reveal her skateboard.

"You just carry that around?" - M

"Yeah! Come on!" - JL

Marco began to panic. Jackie used little hair clips to tie up her dress so it wasn't so long but still looked stylish.

"No no no!" - M

"Pleaaase? Do it for me?" - JL

She held one of his hands as she stood up. Marco stared, his entire face turning red. He'd fought monsters, ventured into other dimensions, and achieved things he didn't think were possible for him...and when she said that, he felt ready to do it all over again. For her.

"...ye-yeah...okay..." - M

He got up, putting his phone down as she helped him get on the skateboard properly. She had put one hand on his waist, and another on his shoulder.

"Do you trust me?" - JL

"Yeah, of course. Why?" - M

She got on the skateboard and began pushing them down the sidewalk, making Marco panic and scream a little...but also smile. He had a weird thrill. Maybe it was the adrenaline, or maybe it was how close they were. But regardless, he was happy.
||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~
(Aster POV)

Aster had finally finished setting up the tombstone. It looked like the tombstone of some recently deceased royal clown with how much effort he put into it. Even his mom would be proud.

"Grandma Festivia would be proud." - A

'Though she'd probably have added more fireworks, alcohol, and cake.' - A

He said before turning and noticing that Janna had fallen asleep in a grave.

"Hm." - A

He created a blanket for her and walked around a bit. It was quiet, and lonely.

"This is more boring than I thought...I bet Marco is having loads of fun with Jackie. They're probably dancing...and holding hands...and..." - A

He got the thought of them kissing...

He shook his head. There was no way!

Marco just wasn't that type of guy. He'd never kiss a girl without telling him about it immediately...right?

"No! No Marco!...but maybe I should check on him." - A

Marco might've encountered a monster, or maybe the ShadowKhan had finally tracked him back to Echo Creek, or Ludo had attacked him in hopes of pulling off another Toffee attack!

He pulled out his phone and tried to call him, but it went straight to voicemail. He felt even more worried but tried not to let it show.

"Hey, it's just me. Wanted to see if you were okay, and make sure you didn't accidentally break Jackie's nose or something...just call me when you get this. Starting to miss the sound of your nagging." - A

He ended it and then sighed a little as he slid down against a tombstone. His hand slid up the side of his face before gripping his hair.

'Fuck my life...' - A

He'd fought monsters on the daily, dealt with politics, encountered secret organizations, and had dated a literal demon in the past...

So why was it that Marco ignoring him made him this upset?

Why did he effect him this much?

He waited. And waited. And waited... before finally getting frustrated and deciding to check on Marco himself.

'I'm just making sure he's safe. Plus, it's practice!' - A

His inner angel and demon were fighting.

It's a violation of privacy!

He could be in danger...

He'd call if something happened!

His phone might've been broken...

He can make his own choices!

It's just a peek...

'Okay! Okay!' - A

He came up with a way to settle it. He pulled out a gold coin.

'Heads, I don't check. Tails, I do check.' - A

He said as he tossed it in the air and then shot it with a bit of magic to give it a little extra air time. He watched anxiously before it finally landed in front of him.

Tails.

'He won't even know...' - A

He said internally as he opened up the Book of Spells to Eclipsa's chapter. He read the incantation and took a deep breath as he prepared his wand.

"I summon the all seeing eye...to tear a hole into the sky..." - A

The wind picked up, and blew out the candles they'd set up.

"Reveal that which is hidden, unveil to me what is forbidden." - A

His wand projected something akin to a portal in the sky that showed him exactly what he wanted. Marco...and Jackie...

Having a great time, riding on a skateboard together...

Without him...

He saw the way they stared at each other...

The way he looked at her...

The pit in his stomach deepened as he became filled with a strange sense of sadness, anger, and dread. And as if he commanded it, their skateboard suddenly got knocked off balance and threw them both off.

Aster suddenly stopped and backed away, feeling immediately guilty. He fell into the same hole as Janna, waking her up.

"Dude! What the hell!" - Janna

"I didn't...! I didn't meant to...! I just...!" - A

He got interrupted as the light around them faded. And from behind the tombstone, a clown figure began to emerge...

"BonBon?" - Janna