Ballad of Aster Butterfly - Part 2

Song day...

The sun had set after an entire day of festivities. All the commoners and nobles and diplomats from other kingdoms waited for the show to begin as merchants walked around, selling their various goods.  They were even selling Aster Butterfly official merch.

The Magical High Commission, royal family, and diplomats all got special viewing areas that gave them the best view of the stage. Moon and River obviously got the best seats, with Aster next to them. Aster got to pick one special guest to bring with him, so he chose Marco to come.

Aster and Marco greeted the married couple once they arrived, with Ivory and Emerald following close behind and then standing on the side in case they needed anything. Aster and Marco were both dressed formally for the occasion. Marco was even wearing one of Aster's suits.

"Oh, mom, you've kinda got a little uh...stick in your hair..." - A

He pointed out. He found it strange since his mom wasn't exactly the type to venture into a forest and somehow get messy.

"Oh, thank you." - Moon

She said as she pulled it out with a little help from River. She had to make sure it's removal wouldn't ruin her hairdo.

"Look, Aster, I need to tell you something..." - Moon

"I know, Marco maybe wasn't the best choice for you, but he was for me. He's my best friend and I want him here." - A

He said as Moon looked confused before continuing.

"No, not that. I wanted to tell you that I'm proud of you." - Moon

She said, which surprised Aster.

"I know all these formal events and traditions aren't exactly your cup of tea. But it means a lot to me that you still went along with it." - Moon

She said with a soft smile. Aster felt a bit of guilt as he heard this.

"Right, well, thank you, mom...oh, and my ballad might be a bit different than what you expected. I added a little bit of Earth to it." - A

"Thank you for telling me. But I'm sure it'll be great. I trust your judgement." - Moon

She said. He smiled back as the guilt continued to grow. He sank a little in his seat. The announcer finally spoke up as the lights focused on the stage.

"And now, for Mewni's newest court composer, the Songstrel Ruberiot!"

The announcer said as the lights focused on Ruberiot, who was sitting on a stool.

"And the Royal Family!"

The announcer continued as the light focused on Aster, Moon, and River. All three have respectful waves to the audience.

"We present to you, the Ballad of Aster Butterfly!"

The announcer said as a little doll of Aster was lowered onto the stage floor by strings. It was just big enough for everyone to see.

Ruberiot began to play his guitar and sing. It was very traditional, though not bland.

"Who is the lad with the buttercup hair? Who sleeps on sunshine and dances on air! With tears made of honey, and a heart made of bunnies! The one who brings about endless laughter! It's Mewni's own sweetheart, our dear Prince Aster!" - R

Aster nervously looked at his mother, who had a gentle and proud smile at the song. He knew it was far from over...

"But under the shimmer of rubies and pearls, lies hidden a fierce and adventurous boy! The forces of evil that lurk in the night will cower in fear when this blazing sun IGNIIITES!" - R