The Trials of Hekapoo

Aster was sitting on the couch at Marco's place, and was watching TV. It was raining outside, to the point that even the news advised people to stay inside. He was on the look out for any news on the talismans or Viper. Both could be very dangerous. Especially if Viper decided to go after any of the other talismans on her own.

But while he was brooding, he got interrupted by Marco who came running downstairs.

"Can i borrow your dimensional scissors?" - M

"For what?" - A

He asked while looking up at him.

"I wanna visit LobsterClaw." - M

"...mm, okay. But don't leave Earth and don't over use them." - A

He handed them over. He trusted Marco would use them wisely...probably.
||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~
(Marco POV)

Marco immediately used the scissors to open up a portal to LobsterClaw's 'house', which was surprisingly cozy nowadays. Marco had helped him get some furniture and LobsterClaws had been taking good care of his plants.

"Hey, buddy!" - M

He greeted as he brought a bag of food with him.

"Hey! Come look at this!" - LC

He waved from the other side of the warehouse. Aster put the bag down on a make-shift coffee table and walked over.

"This little guy wandered in here. What should I do? Is it deadly?" - LC

He used his claw to point at a little puppy.

"Oh, it's a puppy. We keep them as pets." - A

He said while picking up the puppy who began to lick his face.

"Here, you try." - M

He said while gently handing the dog over to LobsterClaw who was very nervous, but accepted it. He waited for the dog to attack or bite, but instead it just barked for attention.

LobsterClaw stared at it before hesitantly petting it with the side of his claw, and then smiling when the dog leaned into it.

"I'm gonna name you...FluffyPaw!" - LC

He said with a big smile. Marco was happy for him and he went back home, wanting to give the pair some privacy. Once back in his room, he looked at the scissors.

"Y'know...Aster never said when I have to give them back." - M

He grinned as he opened a portal to the downstairs kitchen's fridge and opened the door, grabbing a soda. He then began to abuse the portals, using them to get junk food, put his feet in the sand of a warm beach, etc.

"Marco! Come throw the trash!" - Angela

"But it's raining!...wait a minute." - M

He smiled as he got an idea and opened up another portal to use as a trash dump. Except this one was a bright orange, and a pale white hand reached through to grab his shirt before pulling him in.

"Ah-!" - M

In an instant, all the portals closed and Marco was gone. Angela came upstairs to check on him.

"Marco?" - Angela

She looked around the room and didn't see him, so she shrugged and went back downstairs.
||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~
Marco hit the dirt face first before looking up, seeing some kind of demon woman in a fiery dress with horns and a black crown standing over him, holding Aster's dimensional scissors.

"Where did you get these?" - Hekapoo

"Uh..." - M

He wasn't sure what to say.

"Seriously, Fleshwad! Talk." - Hekapoo

She talked like some kind of teenager.

"I'm...borrowing them from a friend? You might've heard of him? Aster Butterfly?" - M

"Wrong answer. I'm the forger of all dimensional scissors. Each pair is made specifically for the entity that earns them." - H

She said as he put the blades of the scissors into the fire above her head, causing them to glow and reveal some kind of writing engraved on them.

"...yeah, I can't read that." - M

He reached for the scissors only for his hand to be slapped away.

"Its my name! Hek-a-poo! Hekapoo. You humans are so lame." - H

She sighed.

"Look, I'm sorry. But those belong to my friend and I'm going to return them. No matter what." - M

He rolled up his sleeves, thinking this could lead to a fight. Hekapoo only looked amused.

"And how do you propose you're going to be getting them back?" - H

"Well, I could fight you. Or...earn them?" - M

She immediately burst into laughter.

"That's rich! You should be a comedian." - H

"I'm serious! I'll have you know, I've fought monsters. I can handle anything!" - M

Hekapoo finally stopped laughing.

"Hm, fine. This should be entertaining. For your trial, all you have to do is blow out this flame." - H

She pointed to the fire above her head.

"Is that it?" - M

He said as he stepped closer, but she seemingly teleported away. He began to run and chase after her across what was basically a wasteland. But she managed to somehow get behind him and slap the back of his head, leaving a bald spot.

"Ow! Hey!" - M

He shouted as they kept repeating this until he turned around to face her this time, only to end up running into a portal that dropped him mid air.

He fell on the ground below and nearly fell off of a cliff until he grabbed hold of a root. Hekapoo then came through the same portal and landed safely on the ground because she'd been more prepared.

"Such a shame. I expected better." - H

She said as Marco glared before grabbing hold of the root firmly with both hands and planting his feet against the cliff and then swinging his way back up and then tackling Hekapoo to the ground, and blowing out her flame.

He smiled until Hekapoo vanished in the air, and another nearby Hekapoo spoke.

"She didn't have the scissors." - H

Marco turned around to see a small army of Hekapoo clones, each with their own flames. He groaned before running into the army but he was too late.

They began to open up portals and run into them, leaving him with an impossible task.

He literally couldn't back out of this even if he wanted to. If he tried, he could end up stranded here, and cause Aster to be stuck on Earth forever.

But if he earned the scissors...

He took a deep breath and counted the portals before running into one, hoping this wouldn't take too long. He had to be home in time for dinner, after all.
||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~