Amulet of Anubis - Part 2: K.O.

AN: special thanks to Rain Risker for co-writing this chapter!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

King stood across from Jackal, two half gods ready to fight atop a museum. Aster stood back, watching with a big smile.

"If you think you can take down The Jackal, then feel free to try. You're friends already failed." - Jackal

King made the first move, jumping at Jackal and expanded his staff into a large hammer and swung it down on him. Jackal caught the staff with his incredible strength, though the attack did cause him to slide across the roof a little.

King shrunk the staff, bringing the two combatants towards each other, then he drop kicked Jackal, sending him stumbling back.

"Is that all, monkey?" - Anubis

He asked, not being very impressed. He rushed in with his flight, attacking King with a flurry of punches. Not one landing, all dodged, until.

Bang.

The unmistakable noise of a fist connecting with flesh. Blood splattered across the roof. Anubis made a small, satisfied smile. King smiled too as he recovered from the punch, licking up the blood on his lips before retaliating with a headbutt, sending Jackal reeling.

Before he could recover, King expanded his staff straight into his opponents stomach, launching him off the roof and into the air above the alley down below. He jumped off the roof and changing his staff into a hook, throwing it at Jackal.

"Did you really think it would be this easy?!" - Jackal

He caught it and threw it to the side, before attempting to fly at Monkey King, only to find an absolutely huge, comically large hammer coming down on him. He tried to stop it. Tried. It was too late to dodge, and the force of the hammer slammed him into the ground.

Jackal went flying into the ground, creating a small crater, it took him a second to regain his focus, before launching back at where Monkey King was. Now filled with more fury. His pride refused to allow him to admit defeated.

Instead of his fist reconnecting with King's face, he was met with a net that caught him.

"You think this can hold me?! Nothing can!!" Jackal

He said in rage as his eyes glowed. The net was blown away by a massive gust of wind, strong enough to move the cars on the street nearby. He looked furious. Annoyed at all this comical nonsense.

He shot his laser vision at King, who was flying in the sky on his staff, and was narrowly dodging the attack. Jackal started using his telekinesis to throw whatever large objects were nearby. Aster did interfere with that, to ensure nobody had their lives ruined because their car was destroyed by them. He used Levitato to stop the objects from hitting anything and then safely put them back down.

Through all of this though, King was getting closer. Slowly, but gradually. Eventually, close enough to throw his staff with his feet at Jackal. Preparing for impact, Jackal blocked, but the impact never came. Instead. The staff stopped short, morphed into a hand, and yanked the amulet off his neck. Returning Jackal to his human form, and finally ending the battle.

A portal then opened in front of Jackie Oakes, AKA the Jackal. King's fist came through as he punched the shocked Oakes and knocked his daylights out. He then came through the portal fully to admire his work.

"Hm...something's missing..." - King

Aster floated down towards him and looked at the unconscious body.

"...wanna draw on his face?" - A

He suggested.

"You read my mind." - King

'Not literally.' - A

He thought to himself. He was a little curious as to what King's mind looked like, but figured it was better not to...for his own sake.

King created two markers and they spent the next five minutes doodling on Oakes' face.
|~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~|
Kim and Caster were in Section Thirteen. Caster was healing Kim in one of the medical rooms.

"I'm fine, really. You should heal herself." - K

She said, referring to the cuts on Caster's back. There was no blood, but it clearly hurt.

"I'm a clone. Just energy. You're human. If you die, that's it. Helping you is more important." - C

"Caster, please." - K

She pushed his hands away to make him stop.

"Let me at least check." - K

She asked. Caster could tell she was just as worried about him as he was about her...

"...only for a minute." - C

He turned around.

"Shirt?" - K

"Oh, right..." - C

He took his shirt off so his back was fully exposed. Kim stared as she saw that rather than there being blood from the cuts, they were just...glowing. She lightly traced her fingers across each cut.

"...energy..." - K

She mumbled.

"...are you real? I mean...I know you're not a human. But...are you like...a person?" - K

Caster tensed a little. He never talked about it. Or thought about it. But...thinking about his origins did make him feel...uncomfortable. Insecure, even.

"...I'm not sure." - C

He answered after a moment of silence, clenching his fist. Kim could tell that it must've been hard to admit that...

"I think you are...you're like family." - K

She said sincerely. Caster smiled a little, before frowning as his insecurities seeped in.

"Kim, if I die...I don't exist anymore. All my memories, my body...I just disappear...I'm nothing..." - C

He said, starting to tear up. Kim hugged him from behind.

"You're my brother. Not Aster. You." - K

She wasn't used to such emotional moments like this, where she had to be strong for someone else. But he needed her right now. And she'd be there for him. And he'd be there for her.
|~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~|
Caster cried a little bit, admittedly. But eventually he and Kim got back to normal, promising to protect each other and the rest of their little family.

Once they finished patching each other up, they were about to leave. Until Aster returned. He was carrying Oakes over his shoulder and had an amulet in his hand. He tossed it to Caster, who caught it.

"Enjoy, bud." - A

He said before he and King went to put Oakes in one of the cells. Kim and Caster looked at the amulet.

"...are you gonna use it?" - K

She asked, trying not to judge him for using the power a villain once used. Caster stared at it before nodding, squeezing it in his hand.

"I can help a lot of people with this." - C

Kim nodded, accepting his choice even if she didn't agree.

And with that, the new Jackal was born.