True Warrior - Part 4: The Eleventh & Twelfth Talisman

With the Dog and Monkey now safely stored in Section Thirteen, only two talismans remained. The Pig and the Tiger. They started with the Pig, which apparently had...thermal vision? Aster was very confused about that one, but whatever.

Lo Pei had apparently hidden it somewhere that no longer existed, so it was up to Aster to find it. Once again, he called on the All Seeing Eye once Lo Pei showed him an illusion of the talisman.

Like before, the All Seeing Eye searched and searched before showing the talisman. It was embedded into the hat of some kind of pig animatronic at a chocolate factory.

"Huh, sweet." - A

He said, feeling relieved it was in a spot that was easier to access.

"I got this, I'll be back in five." - A

He said, wanting to prove to Lo Pei that he could handle himself. He opened up a portal to the factory and looked around, seeing that it was fully automated with not a single employee around.

'Weird, and kinda creepy...but makes it easier for me.' - A

He said as he saw the animatronic put pretty high up on a pedestal. He summoned his cloud and flew up to it. He then began to use his wandless magic to carefully extract the talisman, trying to be careful.

He didn't want to accidentally activate it and give the animatronic laser eyes. It took him about three minutes to safely remove the talisman. And once he did, he opened up a portal to Section Thirteen and walked in with a smile as he showed off the talisman.

"Eleven down. One to go." - A

He tossed the talisman to Lo Pei, who caught it and placed it in one of the last two containers he had.

"Indeed. The last remaining talisman is the Tiger. It holds the power of balance, and it's what allows the Ultimate Evil to use all the talismans at once." - LP

"So as long as we make he he doesn't have it..." - A

"He won't be at full power!" - JC

Lo Pei revealed that he'd put the talisman in what was now Texas. Aster had a feeling it was moved from its hiding spot so he once more called upon the All Seeing Eye.

Like usual, it searched and searched until it found the talisman...

"A pie eating contest?..." - A

He said in shock. The talisman had somehow been baked into one of the pies.

"I can do this one!" - JC

"Jackie, no offense, but the only reason I was able to get one on my own was because the Dark Hand wasn't there and I had my magic." - A

"The Dark Hand won't know I'm there, and I can do it! I can eat a few pies." - JC

He said, looking very confident. Aster looked at Lo Pei.

"Don't look at me. This is your choice to make." - LP

Aster sighed before nodding.

"Alright...but you're in and out, got it? I'll leave the portal open so you can come back as quickly as possible." - A

Jackie nodded as Aster opened a portal that was decently close to the County Fair, where the contest was happening. Once he was gone, that left Aster and Lo Pei alone together.

"Y'know, we found the Rat Talisman in Texas as well." - A

"Mm." - LP

"...so, that scroll magic is pretty neat..." - A

"Don't even think about it." - LP

"C'mon! I've got potential! I can already use magic, and don't you need like a successor or something?" - A

"What you seek is the power of my job, not the responsibility. When you prove you can be selfless, then I will consider teaching you Chi Sorcery." - LP

Aster grumbled but accepted it. He could see Lo Pei's point. If Lo Pei wanted a successor, he'd want someone willing to put the needs of others before their own, someone willing to give up power rather than risk it falling into the wrong hands.

And right now, Aster wasn't quite ready to be a guardian.

||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

Jackie had been eating pies for the last ten minutes straight. His face was absolutely covered with various crumbs and fillings. And right as he thought he was ready to give up, he bit into something hard and looked down to see the Tiger Talisman poking out. He smiled as he reached down to grab it, and pulled it out of the pie.

He tried to clean it off with his bib, only for it to break in half. Jackie looked at it in confusion before suddenly splitting into two Jackies. His yin and Yang halves. One good, and one evil.

And right as the two Jackie's seemed to regain their senses, the Dark Hand's goons arrived...

||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

Aster was pacing back and forth in front of the portal, waiting for Jackie to return. It had been over an hour and still, nothing. He was about to go in after him, until Jackie finally returned.

"Finally! You had me worried." - A

He said as he approached Jackie, only to receive a hard punch straight to the face, knocking him out cold in an instant.

"What is the meaning of this?!" - LP

He said in shock and confusion before gasping as Jackie punched his fist into Lo Pei's terracotta chest.

"Why...?" - LP

He said as Jackie ripped out the talisman, reducing Lo Pei back into terracotta. He then kicked him down, causing Lo Pei to shatter into a hundred pieces. Jackie used this as a chance to claim all twelve talismans. Aster groaned as he looked up at Jackie.

"Shendu sends his regards." - Evil JC

He said before walking back through the portal.

||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

The Dark Hand escorted Jackie back to Dark Hand Headquarters, where Valmont and Shendu's statue were waiting. Shendu's statue had twelve empty slots, and could still speak and command the ShadowKhan.

"Quickly! Free me..." - Shendu

Jackie presented them with twelve talismans.

"Now, where's my payment?" - EJC

"About that. Your services are no longer needed. You're fired." - Valmont

He said as Tohru brought in the captured Good Jackie. Once all twelve talismans, including the Tiger, were put in their slots, the Yin and Yang halves of Jackie were forced back together.

Shendu's statue began to shake as it started to come to life. His limbs were finally restored, and he was almost back to full power.

Shendu was free.