Side Story: Family Reunion

Meteora, Aster, Eclipsa, and Rhombulus were walking through one of the old monster temples. With the recent changes and shift in power, it was decided that GlobGor would be released from his imprisonment.

But Eclipsa and Meteora would be fully responsible for keeping him from attacking in case he reacted in anger when he inevitably discovered what happened to his family. Rhombulus was...uncomfortable with it, but he was cooperative.

Meteora and Eclipsa were walking ahead of the group, with Eclipsa telling her daughter stories about her father and how wonderfully kind and wise he was. Rhombulus and Aster were close behind, with Rhombulus mostly just looking to the side.

"...do you wanna talk about it?" - A

"Talk about what?" - Rhom

"You're disapproval." - A

"...I mean...what if he attacks us? Everyone would be in danger." - Rhom

He asked, a bit of fear in his voice. It took the entire Magical High Commission just to seal him away the first time...

"That's what they're here for." - A

He gestured to the two Butterflies.

"And if it helps ease your worries, this is just a family reunion. A mother and her long lost daughter have finally found each other." - A

He said, pointing out the happy expressions of the other and her daughter.

"And now, they're going to complete the family and reunite with the father who loved them so much, he was willing to fight until his dying breath to protect them both." - A

"...sniffle..." - Rhom

Aster looked confused for a second before looking at Rhombulus, who seemed to be...crying?

"Are you...?" - A

"I-I have something in my eye! Shut up!" - Rhom

He said before speed walking ahead to avoid talking about it. But Aster already knew the truth. He just smiled.

Rhombulus' tears were a mixture of sadness and guilt. He'd helped tear a family apart. And now, he would help put it back together. This was a small step towards his redemption...

They finally reached a wall with a mural of four eyes on it. Eclipsa used the wand to blast it to pieces, revealing a gigantic crystal, with a large monster man inside. He was big enough to rival Omni.

"Hello, honey..." - Eclipsa

She said with a look of relief on her face. Like being away from her true love for so long had been genuinely difficult. Though deep down, she always knew they reunite.

"That's daddy..." - Meteora

She said, her eyes wide as she took it all in.

"That's right. And he loves you so much." - Eclipsa

She reassured, sensing her daughter was nervous. The two held each other's hands as Rhombulus blasted the gigantic crystal, causing it to start melting. He then turned to leave but slowed down as he was passing the royals.

"I'm sorry..." - Rhombulus

He said genuinely as he walked out. Though he did know it wouldn't undo the damage he's done...he wouldn't expect forgiveness, but he would show some remorse. Eclipsa appreciated it, while Meteora enjoyed seeing Rhombulus in emotional pain. But reuniting with her father was more important for now.

Aster decided to leave with Rhombulus, to give the family some privacy. The two would wait outside the temple.
|~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~|
GlobGor was actually a really, really great guy. And dad. He accepted Meteora with open arms. And he and Eclipsa continued their relationship right where they left it.

However, for him to be accepted as one of the kings, Aster needed to work on his public image. So he recorded GlobGor being romantic with Eclipsa or being kind to Meteora, and even him bonding with River and Buff Frog.

He compiled the footage into a video and blasted it all over Mewni to show people that the man eating monster king was nothing but a myth that only existed in their minds. The real GlobGor was a compassionate man kind enough to understand that Mewmans were fearful of him and not hold it against them.

With all the changes in Mewni lately, accepting GlobGor as one of the kings wasn't such a big deal anymore. He even had some fans who liked the idea of a family man monster king. Though GlobGor was only a king in name. He much preferred spending time with his family over ruling the kingdom.