Side Story: Emerald Curses

Aster was taking care of Uncle's antique shop while Uncle, Tohru, and Jackie took care of some big client. Aster was mostly meditating to work on his new telepathic abilities and opened his eyes when he sensed an erratic mind approaching the store.

An Irish man in a green suit came in, looking disheveled and paranoid. He walked up to Aster.

"Here, you buy things right? I'll see it to ya, real cheap. Just take it!" - ???

He said, being rather pushy as he put some kind of emerald on the desk. Aster could feel magic energy from it. And based on what this guy looked like, it wasn't good magic.

"...sure. Five hundred bucks." - A

He said, intentionally giving a low offer to see how desperate he was.

"Deal! It's yours!" - ???

He coughed up the money before running out.

'Finally! I'm free!' - ???

Aster didn't touch the emerald. He figured it might be cursed or something. Instead, he picked it up with Levitato instead and brought it to Uncle.

"Hey, this guy stopped by to sell this emerald and-" - A

Once look at the emerald and Uncle's eyes widened.

"Aiya!!! What have you done!" - Uncle

It took several minutes for him to calm down and explain. The emerald was the Emerald of Killarney, a deeply feared item which held an Irish curse of misfortune to whoever owned it.

"You are it's owner! The curse is on you now! The only way to get rid of the curse is to make another accept ownership." - Uncle

"Hm...I'm not too worried about it. I can handle a curse." - A

He threw the emerald in the air and was about to catch it, but instead he missed and it hit his foot.

"Ow! Fuck!" - A

He said, the emerald being surprisingly heavy. Aster opened a portal to the Lab on Mewni. He gave the emerald to one of the androids, who accepted it.

'That should do it...probably.' - A

He then had the android go into one of the test rooms and self destruct, making the emerald ownerless.

Aster than used Levitato to place it in a private vault, for safe keeping. Though, he'd hoped that someday, he'd have the magic and tech available to either A, reverse the curse to bring fortune. Or B, weaponize the curse to inflict misfortune on a specific target.

But for now, the Emerald of Killarney would sit safely in his vault.