Sutras of Raktajiba

Aster and Jackie were at a museum. They were supposed to be meeting with their employer but found only a security guard. Jackie politely approached him.

"Excuse me, is Mr. Jumba here? I'm supposed to pick up some photos from him to deliver to a colleague at Calcutta." - JC

The security guard just stared at the newspaper he was apparently reading. When Aster pulled it away, the security guard began to snore.

"I guess we can go look for him ourselves." - A

Jackie sighed but nodded as the two went into the museum, walking past various Indian artworks. Aster was intrigued by the amount of cultures in the world around them. He knew they existed because of his past life, he just never really explored them.

The two heard some people arguing up ahead, so they began to approach discreetly. They found a trio of men wearing white clothing surrounding Mr. Jumba, who cowered in fear as they threatened him to try and get him to give them something.

"Jackie! Help! Thieves!" - Jumba

He shouted when he noticed the pair. Aster sighed.

"There goes the element of surprise." - A

"Stop right there!" - JC

He said while the Armor of the Immortal formed around his body. The largest of the trip turns to face them.

"This does not concern you!" - ???

"It does now." - A

He raised his wand. Aster and Jackie got into a fight with the trio but it was pretty hard to deal with them without seriously injuring them or risking the possibility of damaging some of the exhibits.

But Aster managed to capture them all with a few paralysis spells. He began to interrogate them as to what they were after.

Apparently they were after the Sutras of Raktajiba, which held the destructive power to drain the Ganges, a river which many people depended on. They believed Dr. Jumba had it in his possession, which he denied.

"Look, I'm not calling you a liar, but these three seem pretty damn sure you have it, so, if you'll just hold still while I check-" - A

Dr. Jumba immediately made a run for it. Jackie was surprised but flew after him. Jumba threw various artifacts to try and slow him down but was captured and dragged back to Aster. He found the Sutras of Raktajiba in his coat pocket.

"What would you have to gain from getting rid of the river?" - A

Jumba glared but answered.

"There is countless treasures at the bottom! Me and my colleagues would've been able to take it for ourselves had it not been for those three!" - Jumba

He thrashed around in the rope Aster had created to restrain him. He set the three men go.

"Sorry for attacking you. How'd you even know three know he had the Sutras?" - A

"Our master, Mohajah, is a mystic. He protects India from dark magic. He sent us here to retrieve the Sutras so he could safeguard them." - A

"A mystic?...hm, I'd like to meet him if that's alright. Perhaps we could help each other. Me and my friend seek the protect the whole world someday. And India is apart of that." - A

The three men looked at each other but agreed, since Aster and Jackie had helped them. Once they told Aster the general area of their home, Aster opened a portal. The trio then brought Aster and Jackie to Mohajah. His entire room was filled with elegant silks and the architecture was elegant.

When Mohajah saw Aster and Jackie, he put his fingers up to his forehead and closed his eyes. Aster looked confused before pausing as he felt...strange. He couldn't figure out what was happening, but he knew for sure Mohajah was doing something.

"I see...so you helped my men find the Sutras, and now seek an alliance." - Mohajah

'A mind reader...' - A

"Correct, Aster Butterfly. You are a long way from home. Why would you protect a world that is not yours?" - Mohajah

He asked with justified suspicion.

"Because I care about the Earth. I have a lot of friends here. I consider some of them to be family." - A

"And why form an alliance with us? You hold more power in the palm of your hand than we could ever offer you." - Mohajah

He gestured to Aster's wand.

"We can't be everywhere at once. But we can make allies. If you teach me a few tricks, I'll do what I can to strengthen you and your men. India will be your territory. But when we need each other, we'll be there. If you don't trust me, then read my mind." - A

Mohajah did just that. He searched and searched for any malicious intent but found none. So, he agreed. This was only beneficial to both sides, after all. However, he did request that Aster form a magic oath to ensure loyalty from both sides, which he happily agreed to.

So, just like he did with the Muntabs when learning the secrets of the Mirage, he lived in India for a while to learn the power of the Mystic. Mohajah taught him three techniques. Nothing more, nothing less.

Telepathy/Mind Reading.

It was the most basic psychic ability, and the most difficult to learn. It required Aster to open up his mind and be able to sense the minds of others. But, rather than taking years like Mohajah predicted, Aster only took a few weeks. He was able to start sensing the Chi in the bodies of others (thanks to the dragon purification process), which was particularly centered in their hearts.

But he could sense it in their brains, too, and used that in combination with his magic and psychic energy to start reading the minds of others. The range was limited to about fifteen to twenty feet. And not every mind was the same.

Some people, like Jade, broadcasted their thoughts unknowingly. Others, like Jackie, required Aster to actually focus and 'tune in' to his mental frequency. And lastly, people like Lo Pei and Uncle, had the most difficult minds to read. Even when actively trying to read their minds, it was like listening to them whispering outside a closed door.

Mental Paralysis.

It was an offensive form of telepathy. It allowed one to send a jolt of psychic energy into the mind of another person and temporarily 'paralyze' them. But each used drained a significant amount of mental energy.

Mental shielding.

The defensive form of telepathy. It allowed Aster to passively shield his mind from any other telepaths. However, he'd have to build these shields himself and strengthen them. As a beginner telepath, Mohajah had no problem repeatedly breaking through his mental shields. But they'd get stronger with time.

Prediction.

An ability of a top tier mystic, which Mohajah refused to teach Aster until he'd mastered his own mind. Aster was a little disappointed, but it was fine. Mohajah had still generously taught him many things.

And he'd put all of them to good use.