Rebirth

Aster didn't remember much about his old life. But he still remembered the things he knew. Like how stuff worked, and why things were the way they were. The good part of his reincarnation is that he got a head start in life and a good family.

He was born to Moon and River Butterfly, the queen and king of the Butterfly Kingdom of Mewni, a dimension that was the embodiment of fantasy. Magic and monsters were a common thing here.

He'd found love and experienced rejection, rediscovered his love for the Earth, fought to protect the worlds he'd love, and ultimately died for them.

Except that wasn't the end of his story.

Instead, he woke up in an ocean of corrupted magic, feeling like he'd been hit by a bus. Almost immediately, he had to start swimming just to keep his head above the surface.

'Where the hell am I?!' - A

He thought to himself and looked up to see some kind of portal in the sky, with Marco, Buff Frog, and Moon on the other side. It was like he was seeing through Ludo's eyes.

"Mom! Im here! I'm here!" - A

Moon seemed to be able to hear him.

"Sweetie? It is really you?" - Moon

She asked with a huge sense of relief.

"Yeah! I don't know where I am!" - A

"It's okay, we'll find you! Sta- we- i- ve-" - Moon

Her voice began to cut out as the portal closed shut. Aster didn't have time to worry about that, as he noticed something moving around in the corrupted magic. He began to swim towards one of the few little islands among the ocean of corrupted magic, only for a hand made of the magic to form and grab him.

The rest of the magic formed into Toffee's face.

"So this is where you've been hiding..." - A

He glared as Toffee squeezed.

"Oh, yes. You're magic was so potent...until I got here." - Toffee

He said as he touched one of the few remaining puddles of pure magic, causing it to become corrupted.

"...why? What is all of this for?" - A

"I think you already know. You always were a smart boy." - Toffee

"You're finger." - A

Toffee just grinned.

"Poor little butterfly, such a shame you had to lose your wings...goodbye." - Toffee

He said as his 'body' returned to the goo around him, leaving Aster alone in the desolate realm. The large waves caused by the collapse of his form nearly drowned Aster, but he barely made it to one of the islands.

'Come on, come on! There has to be something!' - A

He said as he looked around the little island, but there was nothing.

There was no way out.

There was no magic.

There was.

No.

Hope.

Aster could only stare at the Black Sea. He was stuck here. He sat down and put his knees up to his chest, and watched the tide rise and fall around the island, ready to embrace his new life of eternal loneliness.

'Atleast they're safe...' - A

"Not for long."

Aster jumped as he looked around for the source of the voice, and froze as he saw his grandmother, Comet, standing beside him in some kind of ghost form.