Chapter 3

"Mom I'm back "I yelled when I entered. I was to be honest dead tired.

"Nandu Aliya is waiting for you in her room for a long time go and meet her" she told me. I shrugged and dragged my body towards her room.

"What happened di" I asked her the minute I entered in her room.

"Nandu see I don't have anything to wear what I'm supposed to wear on my engagement" she said while pointing towards the bed. I glanced towards her bed. I mentally slapped myself after seeing some around 50 dresses on her bed.

She doesn't have clothes to wear, seriously...

"Di you don't have anything to wear seriously? Itne sare kapde hain toh sahi" I replied.

"Arey inka fashion kaha hain what people will think it's my engagement, I just can't wear anything simple"

"You look good in everything Di" I complimented her.

"No Nandu I'm bride I can't just wear anything, I have to look perfect"

"Yes you are Devil's bride" I mumbled, inaudibly.

"What did you say?" She asked, I shook my head in denial, can't afford to banter about her would be husband.

"Di okay, try this one out" I held a blue dress in my hand and she took it from me. After imagining herself in the mirror with a dress, she shook her head in denial.

"Di I'm dead right now I can't do this call Mukti she will help you out, please but not me" I said while palming my face. I sat on the bed and relaxed myself a little.

"Nandu please" she pleaded.

"No I'm not doing it, you want to look like deepika padukone and please just save me with your Bollywood fever, I'm not in already the devil husband of your trouble me a lot enough now please leave me" I folded my hands in front of her and she rolled her eyes at mention of her would be husband. She dialed Mukti's number and I left her room without exchanging words.

After having my food, I dozed off but my beauty sleep was disturbed by the chiming sound of my phone.

"Hello"

"Hello Miss Murthy it's me"

"Who?

"Manik Malhotra, your boss" he replied.

"Hey, shh devil don't trouble me in my dreams"

"What?"

"What, what I'm having a good dream, I'm on my honeymoon with Dhurv, don't make it nightmare for me, go away you monster"

"Miss Murthy come out from your dream land right now and listen to me, what I am saying" I heard him yelling.

"Sir" I woke up with sudden jerk.

"Now listen to me, day after tomorrow we have a meeting with Malhotra's I want you to come one hour early, we need to discuss some work" I kept my hand on my mouth, stopping myself from yawning loud.

"Hmm.. Hmm..uh..uh"

"Miss Murthy" he growled.

Isko raat me bhi chain nahi hain

Urgh

Devil

"Yes sir, I will sir" I resisted the urge of falling asleep again without caring what he was going to say.

"And one last thing"

"Sir you can't say get lost we are on phone sir"

"Shut up Miss Murthy" I was wondering in how many ways he can trouble me.

"This one is perfect for a phone call sir"I can picture him, rolling his eyes on me.

"Come on time, I don't want you to come late, do you understand that"

"Yes sir, I do sir" I nodded my head twice and hang up on me without uttering another word. I threw my phone away from me and kept my head on pillow then I didn't realize when I dozed off.

Next morning when I woke up and after dressing up, I came downstairs, I scanned the hall through my eyes. My house looked like a fish market with the hustle bustle of people and things. I went in Aliya's room and saw her trying her clothes.

"Nandu how it looks on me, you know Deepika wore same sari in yeh jawani hain diwani, how I look in this one? she asked

I rolled my eyes on her statement; she might have tried the same dress 10 times or more than that but still asking the same question. Aliya and her obsession with Bollywood and acting, she always wanted to part of that industry but actually couldn't make it happen. I wonder how she and Manik fall for each other and how the hell that monster said yes for this Bollywood drama queen, there is no similarities in their nature. They are poles apart.

"Di you look good, this one suits you" I tell her, her face instantly lit up like a bulb.

"Thank you Nandu" she exclaimed, joyously.

"Nandu, come here" I heard my mom calling me.

"Yes mom coming" I yelled and moved towards the hall.

We entered the party lawn. The launch was a very lavishing and successful affair, with almost very high profile people and celebrities from various domains were there to grace the event with their presence.

Some guests were just discussing something, after exchanging initial pleasantries, when the host of the evening made his entry from behind. Manik Malhotra, as usual looking devilishly handsome in a pin strip black suit, with a pristine crisp white shirt underneath and a wide grin plastered on his face. He greeted everyone with a mild smile on his lips. I can see females drooling on him. He came towards and held her hand, kissing it firmly.

In front of everyone, shameless.

"Oh my god Nandu you look gorgeous" Mukti exclaimed. I was dressed in a red sari with mega sleeves, paired with black pumps, with matching wedges and jewellery. I smiled and Manik looked towards me.

"Looks like someone is back from her honeymoon He taunted me, my eyes bulged out from their socket, last night's conversation played in the back of my mind. I lowered my eyes and looked away from him.

"Even Aliya looks good" he said

"Yes of course" Mukti agreed.

"Nandu, look who is here?' Someone tapped on my shoulder and I turned back to find him their.

"Dhurv I instantly jumped in his arms, hugging him tightly.

"Where were you from last two days? You didn't talk to me I pouted.

"Sorry baby I was just busy in my work before I could say something Manik spoke.

"I think we should start the function if we are done with greetings"/