Chapter 20

I entered in my room and looked around to see that everything was on the same place, dad hasn't changed anything. What a game of life, everything is so ironic, truly unpredictable. Till a month ago I couldn't imagine my life without my parents and siblings but just in one night my life took a 360 degree turn and I had to leave my parents and my room where I have spent whole my life enjoying with my parents and siblings.

Now I have to live the most dreadful nightmare of my life as his wife and beyond that I have to face every day praying that nothing goes wrong in my life and my life remains uneventful.

I came near the wall where, the wall had photos of every important person of my life. I smiled sadly remembering each incident of my life which contained from childhood till the date in the house with my friends and family.

I opened the drawer and took the picture in my hand. I stared at the picture of him and me; we clicked the picture when he proposed me. Dhurv was kissing my cheek and he was holding me from the back side.

A lone tear slipped from my eye as I caressed the picture with my fingers.

"I will accept you please come back to me love, walk out from this marriage" his words rang in my mind. Even I wish the same; I wish to walk out from this marriage. I felt so overwhelmed after what happened today and I have no idea what crime I have committed to deserve all this. I clutched the picture close to my heart and I

cried while playing morning incident in the back of my mind.

"What happened to you?..you still.. are you okay" he asked his voice laced with concern. I flinched at his words, his rude behaviour never bothered me as much as his fake concern did, not that I ever expected something good from him but what he did last night, he crossed all the limits. He just stared at me blankly, waiting for me to say something and I couldn't comprehend my feelings. I wanted to push him away from me and at the same I wanted to grab his collar and demand a proper explanation.

"Why are you pretending to be nice, when you were equally involved" I said loudly. This time I make sure that my voice was loud enough, his face turned pale when he heard it.

"What.. what plan" he was shocked.

"You had it all planned, toh ab natak kyu kar rh ho jo tum chahtey the wo toh ho gaya na" I spat out angrily, a wave of loath swam through me when last night flashed in front of my eyes. Never in my life I felt humiliated and it was his way of taking revenge.

"What so you believe him over you" the disappointment was clear in his voice. He still had the audacity to fight back.

"Then tell me why did you force me to come with you when I never wanted to?"

"Because I wanted to hurt you but I wasn't involved I just knew that you wouldn't like it and I had some other plans but it happened" he looked apologetic when he confessed but who was I trying to fool? He is a devil, he always was and he will be, now I believe what Mr. Saxena said, it was his plan because he wanted to seek for revenge. In this moment I regret marrying him, I never thought he could do something like that but now I don't need a confirmation.

"Get out"

"At least listen to me damn it"

"I said get out, get out right now before I do something I don't want to"

"Out now or you want me to leave" I didn't realize when I started sobbing. I was not in a state of picking up fight with him. He stayed calm around me; I have never seen him like this, calm and caring. It was his new an unknown side and I never knew that he could behave like this.

"Okay, fine don't stress yourself, you want me to leave, I'm leaving" he assured me and walked out without replying. I expected from him answer me back but he didn't, I thought he was going to lash out on me or he might punish me for yelling at him but he just silently walked out.

Flashback end

I poked the phone restlessly, nervousness gripped my heart and I didn't know what I was going to say, I stared at the number blankly for a minute before pressing the green button.

"Hello"

"Hello ma'am" I answered.

"Ha Nandini bolo, what happened?" His mother enquired. I paused for a moment then I continued.

"Ma'am I need your help in something" I muttered.

"For what? Is everything okay between you two?" My words grabbed her attention almost immediately.

"Ma'am once you told me if I wish to walk out from this marriage then you will allow me to, now I want to walk out, I want to go back to the person I was in love with before the marriage" she heard me quietly with objecting. I couldn't find my own voice and I couldn't believe my own words. It might have been a difficult thing for her to digest that I wished to walk out, no matter what equation we share with each other but in the end she was his mother. They share blood relationship and I was an outsider but in this condition she was my only hope. She was the only one with whom I can share or expect something.

"Make him fall in love with you, the day he will realise that he loves you, he will tell you to walk out"

I was confused, I couldn't understand what she was trying to say, sometimes it is hard for me to understand, she was speaking in riddles and I failed to sort them out.

"What I didn't get you, what do you want to say"

"I can't tell you everything but if you wish to walk out that's the only way, I know my son and how difficult he could be at a times, don't play that we are enemies game with him he will make sure that he doesn't leave a stone unturned so try to be his friend"

"But how we don't along and he hates me and you only tell me not to tolerate his wrong behavior"

"I'm still on my words, always fight back but don't attack, don't get into the revenge mode, do something good, show him that you have a good side, you carry innocence in your heart. You are not a traitor and then become his friend if he happens to fall in love with you, he will himself tell you to walk out then walk out from his life"

I struggled to continue, tears formed in my eyes. I remember my vow I took on our marriage day and it made it even more difficult, may be because pain is capable of causing you do things you would never consider doing, and it pains me a lot and sometimes it is almost unbearable.

"And I still don't understand what you want to say"

"You will have to find it out, the another side he has"

"Fine, I will" I said, I couldn't continue anymore. It sounded unreasonable and stupid, I don't understand a word she speaks, and there was no point so I didn't wish to continue with the conversation. I hang up on her.

She was my last hope, I knew I was trying to fight a lost battle and there was point, it doesn't make sense he will never allow me to walk out, I will be stuck in this forced marriage. I have trapped myself and now I just wish to end it.