Chapter 67

Manik's p.o.v.

I descended the stairs with Nandini in my arms. I reached the ground and ran towards my car. I placed Nandini on the front seat and carefully fastened her seat belt. I turned the car on and began to drive. I punched the keys of my phone to dial my mother's number. I put it on the speaker when she received.

"Mom, Nandini got her labour pains. I'm taking her hospital, come soon." I informed.

"But how did it happen? Navya said something else right?" She asked.

"Mom I'll tell you later right now just come and please don't inform anyone specially her family. Her condition is not stable, I don't want more problems in our way. God knows what it would bring us." I requested, in this condition her father was the last person I want to deal with, I agree he deserved to know about his daughter's condition but he doesn't have any idea about her complications and such a news could make blank so informing him could create more mess in this bizarre situation. 

"And please inform Navya as well."

"Okay, I'll and I'm coming."

"Inform my family, I wa..want t..to meet..them" Nandini uttered with great difficulty. I tried to hold her hand but she pushed it away.

"Nandini, relax, I'll inform your family on time." I assured, I noticed her frame carefully through the corners of my eye. She was a wreck, she appeared ghostly pale, her face was white as sheet and her eyes were frighteningly red. She wasn't crying but enduring the pain silently. She kept staring at the road and not for once she looked at me. It was heart breaking to see her like this. I couldn't decipher what hurt me more her condition or hatred.

I bought Nandini out of the car and told the watchman to park my car. I hurried through the double doors with Nandini whimpering in my arms. Nurse told me to put her on the strecher and I did. We wheeled Nandini inside the ward, my pounding footsteps and the sound of the strecher wheel were the only thing I could hear at that moment everything else was nothing but a fade sound.

"Manik, stay here I need to check her." Navya stopped me right outside the ward. My heart sank into my chest as the stretcher disappeared from my view.

I thumped on the bench, tired, my heart crumbling in my chest.

Do you ever think how I feel about it?  And in end it's all my mistake. I accept it but you know what is my worst mistake, you, Manik Malhota you are the worst mistake of my life. Falling for you, marrying you is the worst mistake of my life. I didn't corrupt our relationship I corrupted my life. I didn't destroy us I destroyed myself.

The tears welled up in my eyes when I recalled her words, I stuck my head between my palms to cover it, I cried silently, but bitterly, so much that my body racked with pain. She's never going to forgive me for what I did tonight? It would be like an end of our marriage but if it could save her then I don't mind doing it.

"Manik, come with me. I need to talk to you." Navya said when she came out of the ward.

"Right now she needs you more Navya. We can talk later."

"Manik, I can't operate her right now, it's the first stage of her pain. We still have some time left. Come with me, it's something important." She literally dragged me to her cabin.

"Now what?" I screamed, frustratingly after reaching in her cabin.

"Manik, I want to know how she got her labour pains?"

"I fought with her, she got angry and began to hit me."

"What but why?"

"You only said that anxiety, stress or emotional up and downs can cause labour pains."