Chapter 15

"You are not going to sleep on the bed or couch, do you understand?" He said when he saw me picking a pillow and blanket. I stood there blankly; I was too tired to argue.

"Then, you don't want me to stay here?" I questioned.

"Sleep on the floor without blanket and pillow, that's your punishment" he said in one go with immense loath and apathy. His eyes were blood shot red with fury.

"From now on you are going to obey me in everything, do you get it, your action and my command" he ordered, he looked straight into my eyes and I sensed he meant every word he uttered. I didn't say anything or question him further, I was already disturbed because of the sudden turn and events of my life and what just happened minutes ago. I didn't have enough energy to fight back. I left the pillow and blanket. I sat on the floor near the bed.

"Lie down" he whispered. I lay my head on the floor and turned my face on the other. I wiped the fresh tears coming out of my eyes. I didn't want him to see me vulnerable, I thought may be the marriage could be more than a deal but it could never be anything, it was deal and it is deal, it could never be more than a deal. I wept silently before falling asleep. I was sitting on my desk thinking about the sudden turn my life has taken. My life seemed to have become a problem zone. Nothing could be straight every damn thing had to be complicated. I thought everything was going fine when his mother taught me how to behave in front of him, I thought he would learn how to behave but I had to tumble against a road block. I remembered last night now it will give him another chance to win over me and he can have his way when we are together. Chiming sound of my pulled me out from my thoughts. "Tonight we are going for a party, my business partner Mr. Saxena's sister is getting married and he wants you to accompany me after the work go for a shopping and buy some decent clothes not something like you were wearing in pub, I hope you get it. We will be leaving around 9 pm" I read his text; I mentally cursed myself for marrying a business tycoon. He is more like a party animal. I sure as hell don't wish to accompany him at all.

It was around 9 when we reached the bungalow. It was designed bungalow with a beautiful garden surrounding it. The watchman at the gate confirmed our appointment and let our car in.

Mr. Saxena was the warm host, he immediately came to receive us, he hugged Manik tightly and kissed my hand lightly. I didn't like his gesture either he was one of those over joyous species or maybe it was because of the bond Manik and he share with each other.

"It is so great to have a beauty like you Mrs. Malhotra, please welcome" he exclaimed, I replied with a warm smile. Everyone was staring at us when we arrived while continuously looking at the stairs entrance holding a glass of champagne and conversing

The decor of the hall was a must see sight.... One when steps down from the stairs which were place in the middle of the floor one can have a look over the whole place which was covered with every expensive art piece possible... The fountain in white the middle which was pouring champagne and the curtains covered the long pillars with white and shimmer golden curtains and different kind of orchids decorated. That can cast spell on any person too much of royal fervor. The theme itself was golden n white. Everything was so beautiful and they entered in together through the stairs. With this we both took a entry through the stairs together but alone in our own way. I just carried a forceful smile while he and stepped down without waiting for me.

Manik was talking to his business partners and colleagues and I was accompanied by other ladies. I knew them personally though we never had personal bonds they were more like business friends. After some time I was tired and exhausted so I excused myself to sit at little distance and relax. I saw him with a woman one of his clients, she pounced on him the minute she spotted him and he immediately responded her in an overtly cheerful manner.

"Attention ladies and gentleman" I heard the familiar voice it was Mr.Saxena who was on the stage.

"On this occasion of my little sister's wedding I'm grateful towards all of you for joining us tonight. I want you all to enjoy the party so please join the dance floor" he announced loudly. People climbed on the dance floor and he climbed down.

"Mrs. Malhotra please join the dance floor" next minute he came to me and requested.

"No, no I'm perfectly fine" I refused politely.

"No, no please you will have to" he tried pushing me. Manik came when he saw me talking to Mr. Saxena. Although he never wanted me near him and he never appreciated my presence but his eyes always knew where I was.

"What happened Mr. Saxena?" He asked.

"Dekhiye Mr. Malhotra me kabse kah rh hu Mrs. Malhotra ko dance floor par chalne ke liye par wo nahi mann rhi hain" he replied.

"Oh like that yeah its completely fine Nandini come join me on the dance floor" he said, Mr. Saxena's face turned pale when he replied. I was confused why Manik didn't deny his request may be because he was his most estimated client and business partner. We walked towards the dance floor, hand in hand. Our hearts were miles apart and body touching each other. He sometimes feels like a stranger. We climbed on the dance floor and held my softly like a gentleman, I wish if he would learn to behave like a gentleman. We swayed our bodies matching the beats of music.

"You shouldn't have said yes for the dance"

"I know you wouldn't like it that's why I said yes"

"You like troubling me a lot, don't you?"

"I do and I enjoy it a lot"

"But you should know that I'm not going to take it anymore, I'm not going to obey you in everything, your command is not my action" His face fell and went red when I answered him back. I didn't meet his eyes and we concentrated on the dance I was trying to be careful because I didn't want to step on his feet.

"It is, now don't tell me that you are going to pretend and you would try to be something you are not" He punched me once again with his words. I could barely move under his hard grip. He twirled me in his arm and we continued to move our body against the beat of music.

"Really you want me to show you the position you hold in my life. You are going to obey me in everything, whatever I say or do you will have to stay calm" A moment of silence prevailed around us. He lifted my arms slightly and jerked it down in desperation.

"I wouldn't" I answered, he pulled me to him by my arm. He was getting annoyed at my rigidity. He would never appreciate when I would answer in fact he hates it when I do it.

"Really, trust me you would not be able to do anything" Once for all I wanted to finish this drama in my life. I jerked his hand away and I tried walking out. In a second he pulled me back. I was about to move away but I couldn't when I felt his lips on mine. He grabbed me by waist and kissed me harshly. I felt disgusting. I tried pushing him away from me but his grip on me became tighter. He started kissing me so hard. He entered in my mouth without my permission forcefully and tested every bit of my tongue. Then he begins to kiss my upper lips continuously a tear roll down from my eyes. I felt humiliated when I heard the people out there just were hooting and cheering loudly and I felt miserable.... it was embarrassing for me and a show for the guests as they witnessed the our passionate kiss. Everyone cheered loudly when he broke the kiss.

"Sorry guys I just got carried away you know my wife looks so beautiful today" He exclaimed while holding my waist. I fight the tears back but couldn't when I saw people clapping and whistling loudly. Some of them were staring at us gossiping about the drama they just witnessed a moment ago, I can see detest in their eyes, I lowered my head, I was unable to meet their eyes. I wiped the drop of fresh tears falling from my eyes. I walked out from there without saying anything. Maybe that makes him happy to see me in this condition.

"What happened Mrs. Malhotra why are you leaving and why are you crying" Mr. Saxena when he spotted me on the gate. He wiped my tears softly. I didn't like his touch but I stayed quite.

"Nothing I just want to leave" I answered. He made me feel disgusting but I could not insult myself further by crying. He understood that everything was not well with me and proposed to drop me but I refused politely. I walked out and reached parking lot.

"Driver ghar chalo"

"But madam sir?"

"Sir ko bad me lekar ana phle muje ghar lekar chalo" he nodded and I sat in the back seat of the car and we left.