Chapter 46

"Nandini, come out, we don't have a whole day. It's someone else party not your wedding." I heard his voice from outside.

"Manik, 5 minutes, you informed me last minute. What else do you expect from me?" I answered back. I applied the kohl and eyeliner and stared at my own reflection. I couldn't stop myself from admiring my beauty. I had to admit that I looked stunning in the dark brown gown. It was an off shoulder one and I purposely left my hair open and it added more in my beauty.

"Nandini, it's Khurana's party and I don't want to be late." He again yelled, I fixed my dress properly and opened the door.

"Okay I'm done. I'm done." I said, while pushing the door.

"How does the dress look on me?" I asked when I stepped out of the dressing room. He gazed at me, from head to toe; his gaze assured me that I was looking beautiful. I didn't need his confirmation, his eyes said it all.

"Oh no no no you are not going to wear this."

"But why?" I demanded, confused by his sudden mood swing and words.

"That's because I don't like it." He said, folding his arms against his chest.

"But I do in fact I love it." I stated.

"Nandini, go and change."

"Manik, you can't be serious, from last half an hour you are continuously eating my brain by saying that you don't want to reach late and now you are telling me to change my clothes."

"Yes it's okay I don't care about the party. Go and change your dress." I understood that there was something wrong with him though I couldn't decipher what was going in his brain.

"I'm not going to; I invested one hour in dressing up." I clenched my jaws together to suppress my rising temper. I knew it that I looked beautiful in this dress but I didn't know what the hell was wrong with him.

"Invest another hour I don't care but change. Otherwise we are not going anywhere." He said casually. I felt like punching and slapping him for being so mean. First of all he forgot to tell me about the function and second he didn't even complimented me and of course the last one he was telling me to change my dress as if it is so easy for a woman to dress up for a party.

"You can't just man handle me like this. What's wrong with this dress?" I charged him roughly.

"I already told you I don't like it. Drape a Saree, you always look beautiful in Saree."

"Whatever" I make sure I was rude enough but he still smiled. I silently abused the idiot and bang the door on his face. I changed myself in a red saree which wasn't fashionable but elegant. I was furious on him. I would have cancel the whole plan if it wasn't about his dream project and Mr. Khurana. Mr. Khurana was an important client so we were bound to attend his family function.

We got in the car and I sat passively resting my back against the seat. I sat like a zombie. Throughout the drive we didn't exchange a word and he made no attempt to pacify me. Soon we covered the distance and reached the venue. He parked the car and we entered together. The grand celebration was held in a 7 star hotel where every important business person and politicians were invited. Mr. Khurana came to receive us at the entrance gate. He welcomed us warmly and led us inside the party hall. Everyone had arrived and the celebration was on full swing. The party hall was embellished and festooned – with numerous lights and scads of flowers, the middle of the hall was garnished entirely with orchids – canopied by a pearl baldachin and soft music was playing in the background.

"You look amazing, Nandini' Mr. Khurana's wife complimented me and I returned the compliment with a formal smile. She took me with her and introduced e with some of her guests. The waiter served us drinks and few other dishes. Manik got busy with his clients and other members and I was enjoying my time with ladies. After a while anchor occupied the stage and we heard few announcements.