Chapter 76 (last chapter)

Hi, I'm back again. Well I was excited for the update it's not a long one but I think the length is fine. I didn't have much to write so yeah that's where I end. And this part is special for me because I m ending the story and I m going to tell you a story in my writer's note so read it carefully.

My story - Back in 2014 I fell in love with a show kaise yeh yaariyaan then I joined a Facebook group name ManikNandinikyy where I started reading fanfictions. Then after reading like a manic I decided to write my own story. Angel and the devil my story it went viral in that particular group just in a day or two. I received many likes, comments, views people loved my story. Then after writing four incomplete stories I shifted to India forums where I started writing Devil's Bride. In that time I didn't know how writer's write. You won't believe that I never even read a single novel written by a published writer and my writing, my language they were pathetic but still people liked the story. And it crossed 7 threads. I got many followers it was shared by Fb and Insta pages. Then I left writing because of my job. 2017 something big happened in my life and it was painful the  I started writing again. So I decided to write Devil's Bride again. The story is same but not completely and narration is completely different. So it's an edited version of the story but I learned so many things while writing Devil's Bride I discovered my passion for writing and now I dreamed to be writer. So it was my story. You could tell me your story when you started reading Devil's from the start or in mid whenever you did and why it held you back. I would love to listen your experience. It will mean a lot for me so if you can do that for me or you can tell me your favourite parts too. Anything related to your journey.

Anyways happy reading the last part of the story epilogue will be updated soon.

Manik's p.o.v.

"Mukti , you know what? I was thinking what if Nandini doesn't show at the altar. Is bar wo bhag gyi toh" Mukti  laughed on Kabir's joke and that bas***d let out a chuckle.

"Shut up okay! Nothing like this is going to happen." I glared at him. He appeared to be holding back a laugh.

"It has some chances Manik. I mean, who would take the risk of marrying you again. It takes a lot of courage. I hope Nandini possess such a great strength." He said, grinning first at me and then at Mukti . He purposely stretched the word strength into two syllabus to make it clear in his sentence.

"Kabir I know what Nandini wants. But I don't know if you want to die on my marriage day or not? Tell me do you?" I threatened, he pretended to be horrified. I felt nauseous at the thought of her not showing on the altar.

"Calm down! Manik. It is not happening." My subconscious comforted me. Dread washed over me, I faced a hard time convincing her father for the marriage and now I didn't want anymore problems in my way. I have had enough of it.

"Bhai sit straight let me adjust this turban on your head." Mukti  scolded me. I grunted.

"Is it important ? Let it be, I don't like this."I groaned in frustration. There wasn't any need of this things. I was okay without all of them. Damn I just wanted my daughter and wife back in my house. That's it!

"Yeah, it's a part of the ritual. You only said I want a proper marriage with full rituals." She mocked at me. Well, it was only me who said that, this turban or whatever they call it was such a trouble besides because of this rituals her family never allowed me to meet her.

15 days I was away from her though I sneaked in but we couldn't spend enough quality time together as we were disturbed by my old enemy that bloody dog. He didn't let me stay with her. I hate to admit but I was still scared of it. It was like a nightmare to me.

"Bhai what are you thinking and why do you look scared? Nandini, isn't running away." Mukti  commented, pointing at my face. I glanced at mirror and met my own eyes. I actually looked terrified. Both of them giggled at my state.

"Arey that perspective office me shadi aur cabin me suhagrat might have changed hai na toh bta kesi suhagraat chiye tuje ab" Kabir teased. Mukti  burst out laughing. These two can make my life hell. I ignored both of them and strolled out.

********

I was waiting impatiently there looking at the altar which was beautifully decorated with drapes and flowers followed by the perfect evening lights of the sun as it was about to set.
The holy sacred fire was lit at the altar.

I sighed and breathed deeply wanting my fragile beauty to be present as soon as possible. And then all of my senses frozen when she walked through the chaste path filled with rose petals upon the white sheet coming towards me. All of my body responded seeing her. That moment my eyes got freeze and all I could see was her and only her, nothing else. She was shining like a luminous object placed in the darkness. Her beauty enlightened the entire hall. 

That woman my Nandini, my love and the mother of my child was looking ethereal beauty in the designer lehenga which was embroidered in golden and the color presenting love Red. I felt my heart beat fastening and breath loosing with each step she took.

Today I realized one thing that life isn't easy but there always light in the end. It comes when you pass all the hardships and wait - wait until the right time which leads you in the positive bright future. That's when you are passed in the test. The test of love. Nothing seemed possible earlier. Everything was just a fog not clearly to be seen. But today we've made it through. Today we will be united in true nature. In all senses and willingness. In the eyes of love and beauty for the soul. Today we reunite. It was the time for us to again get bounded to each other and pass through what ever comes.

She took a side beside me. I smiled with pride knowing she belongs to me. I heard Aaral giggling and yapping her gums seeing both of us, looking like a rose a flower of their love in the red little gown. Both were mine. What else could I demand for? I was so overwhelmed. I felt complete. The pain I suffered through finally disappeared.

"Both of you exchange the garlands." Priest commanded. We stood up on our places and exchanged garlands. She was gazing at me, and there’s a look of satisfaction on her face. Her eyes twinkle with happiness and joy.

I silently promise her that the way this flower symbolise happiness, enthusiasm, excitement and thread is a medium to secure all this emotions the way they never leave each other's side I promise not to leave each your side and to be with you in our up and downs.

"Bride's father, please come for the ceremony of Kanyadan."priest called Yash uncle and he came and performed the ritual by placing her hand on mine and pouring water on it. 

"Uncle, I promise to take care of her all my life." I assured her father through my words as I knew how much Nandini meant for him. He blinked his eyes twice and went away.

"Tie the nuptial chain." priest announced. Mukti  tied the nuptial chain.

"Apply the vermilion on her head " I touched her forehead with a blob of vermilion and promised to protect her from evil eye and also guard her from any other problem. We stared at each other with love in our eyes and in that particular moment I lost the track of time. For a while everything faded, everything except her innocent face.

"Tied the nuptial chain around her neck."Priest said. I tied it around her neck. It was a scared thread or cord which tied as both together and made her mine. It depicts our union and I promised her to be with her till my last breath and even after my death.

"Now stand up on your place to take Phere." We stood around the holy fire that would reunite us.  Priest began to chant the mantras. The world around suddenly went silent as I held her hand and walked around the fire.

"Repeat my words and take the vows."

First vow
Groom
"You will offer me food and be helpful in every way. I will cherish you and provide welfare and happiness for you and our children.

Bride:
"I am responsible for the home and all household responsibilities."

"I Manik Malhotra will always try my best to give you happiness more than you deserve and will never make you regret our marriage. I will"I promised her, silently.

Second vow

Groom:
"Together we will protect our house and children.

Bride:
"I will be by your side as your courage and strength. I will rejoice in your happiness. In return, you will love me solely."

I will be the one always to take the pain if any comes to you. I will always look to your tiny wishes and will fulfill them. I will never hurt you again. I will always cherish and celebrate the fact that you are MINE. I took another vow while taking round of this holy fire.

Third vow

Groom:
"May we grow wealthy and prosperous and strive for the education of our children. May our children live long."

Bride:
"I will love you solely for the rest of my life, as you are my husband. Every other man in my life will be secondary. I vow to remain chaste."

We will grow old together and till then I take the entire responsibility to keep our family happy. When you have those grey hairs I will still love you harder just so you know that you are very dear and special to me" I pledged wordlessly.

Fourth vow

Groom:
"You have brought sacredness into my life, and have completed me. May we be blessed with noble and obedient children."

Bride:
"I will shower you with joy, from head to toe. I will strive to please you in every way I can."

You stepped in my life as the sacred blessing and gifted me with the most beautiful family that I couldn't even imagine in my wildest dreams. Thank you for fulfilling me and choosing me. I will never let you cry unless you get rid of your stubbornness. I will always be there for you.

Fifth vow

Groom
"You are my best friend, and staunchest well-wisher. You have come into my life, enriching it. God bless you.

Bride:
"I promise to love and cherish you for as long as I live. Your happiness is my happiness, and your sorrow is my sorrow. I will trust and honor you, and will strive to fulfill all your wishes."

You are the only person in my list that I love the most. It starts and ends with you. I promise to be your best friend and protector. I swear quietly.

Sixth vow
Groom:
"May you be filled with joy and peace."

Bride:
"I will always be by your side."

Until now, people have only seen the scary Manik But I promise to be always gentle firm and respective towards you. Your joy and happiness is what matters the most. Even if it mean that I run after you just to be with you. I love being in love with you.

Seventh vow

Groom:
"We are now husband and wife, and are one. You are mine and I am yours for eternity."

Bride:
"As God is witness, I am now your wife. We will love, honour and cherish each other forever."

We are one and there will be no body else. My world starts with your smile and ends with it. I promise to be with you and never hurt you to be by your side and to have our little princess and many more prince in our life. I love you Nandini. I always have and I always will. Accept me as your husband and fill my love less life with your chirping voice and fill my void with your love. Be mine HAMESHA!!

THE END