Chapter 25(b)

Nandini's p.o.v.

For a long time I was staring at my phone, I tried dialing his number multiple times but couldn't. It has almost become a habit; whenever I feel down I seek for his comfort. Last time when we talked it was only few days ago, but it already seemed like a lifetime. I wanted to hear his voice. I scrolled through the contact list of my phone and I pulled his number out. I closed my eyes before pressing the green button. I dialed his number and he picked it up in third ring.

Hello" I heard his voice but I couldn't find my voice.

.

"Hello" he repeated.

"Nandini, I know it's you" I stayed quiet, a quick image of our old timings flashed in my mind but I pushed it away because there's no reason to dwell on something that I can't have so I shouldn't think about it but I wanted it to happen even if I push it away I still can't do it.

"Nandini, say something" He said but I choose to sit in my own soundproof bubble at that moment.

"Nandini, speak up damn it" He yelled but not a single word came out of my mouth.

"Nandini why are you crying? What happened tell me" I sobbed hard.

"Dhu..Dhurv...I...I" I replied, trying to make my voice sound as normal as possible. When I replied he released his breath it seemed like he was holding on to it for a long time.

"Nandini first stop crying and then tell me what happened" His voice was low and soft. I was feeling more and more nervous about this situation, anxiety flowing through my veins.

"I hate him, I hate this marriage" For a moment I closed my eyes and wiped my tears when I realized what I just said.

"He is a toxic and this marriage it suffocates me like anything"

"Nandini tell me everything"

"He humiliates me whenever he get a chances, I feel tired of him, I just want to walk from this marriage. I can't tolerate him not even for a moment"

"Nandini, everything will be fine"

"No as long as he is there nothing can be fine. I feel miserable and I feel exhausted, I hate him, I hate him so much, he insulted my father in front of everyone, his one business partner molested me and trust me he is a devil, I don't want to be with him, I want to walk out Dhurv, I want to walk out" Truth came out of my mouth while in my mind I was still trying to cope up with the situation.

"Nandini, I told you to walk out but you wouldn't listen to me, I still love you and I know even you do please tell me that you love me, I want to listen it from you" The last bit of willpower vanished the second he confessed his love for me. I burst out, tears falling down from my eyes. I lost the power of speech.

"Yes.. I do.. I love you and I love you a lot"

"I love you too Nandini, I love you too more than anything in this world. Come back to me love, come back to me"

"I want to come back, trust me but I.. I don't know what to do" I whispered, allowing the reality to sink in, bit by bit reality was overpowering my brain.

"You can I will help you out, walk out from this marriage, there are ways, you can do it"

"This marriage and his presence is a curse, he is a devil"

"Walk out love, walk out" I felt like a sharp knife lodged in my chest each time I try to catch my breath, his voice piercing my ears.

"I will Dhurv, I will walk out Dhurv, I want you back in my life" I repeated, I had no idea what's wrong and what's right and I don't care about anything.

"You need to plan this properly I will help you in all this"

"No I already know the way and I will do it, I don't know how but I will do it"

"I want to stay beside you Love" I wanted to apologize for the moments when I was blind to see what he did for me; I want to apologize for letting him down. I want him to know that it was equally difficult for me even if I have told him before still I wanted to tell him again and again. I wanted him to know everything about me and my conditions but I stayed soundless.

"No promise me you will not contact me again, I will contact you when I will walk out from this marriage"

"Please Nandini, Please don't do it, I want to stay by you, I can't stay away from you"

"Even i can't but I will contact you promise me that you will not contact me, I will contact you the day I will walk out from this marriage" We both stayed quite while I played his words again and again in the back of my mind. Images of Manik and my marriage flashing right in front of my eyes. I always wanted to find my other half, life is beautiful when you have your love, without love life is not worth living and he was my love, my most beautiful thing, the person with whom I can share everything. I never thought one day I will reach at some point where he will not be there for me.

"But Nandini it's not easy" He continued.

"Please Dhurv, please"

"For you I will do, I promise but you will come back to me"

"Yes I will"

"I love you Nandini"

"I love you too" I still love him more than words can describe. He's constantly playing in my mind as I go about my everyday business, either directly or subconsciously in the back of my head. He is with me in every single thing I do, and everywhere I go.

When I hang up on him I couldn't hold it any longer, tears blurred my vision. A month ago he was the most beautiful possession of my life and just in one month he has turned out a complete stranger. I kept thinking about the moments we spend with every single tear I shed. I need to do this because I want to do this. I want him back in my life. I want to walk out from his marriage and now I know how I can do this.

"Make him fall in love with you, he will tell you to walk out, discover the another side he has" his mother's words rang in my mind but I hardly believe that he can have another side a good one but still if that's the only way then I will do it in this way.

:true}gr