Chapter 33

"Nandini...!!Nandini... where are you? I have news for you" I was in the kitchen when he walked in, yelling at the top of his voice.

"Nandini kab se bulaa rha hu mai tumhe"

"Arey I am in kitchen baba bolo kya baat hai?" I asked drinking water.

He grinned and said

"I have good news" he replied, I kept the glass aside and turned back to face him.

"Listen the deal I lost just few days ago... remember? I just got it back because of you" he said clapping his hands in excitement

"That's great.. but because of me how?" I asked him tentatively, still feeling a little bit confused about everything. He told me about the presentation which I prepared was displayed to the clients and they got happy and signed the deal. I congratulated him.

"And so now I've decided ke since you've done so much of hardwork I will throw a treat for you"

"But I don't want to come with you"

"Why?"

"I still haven't forgiven you for last night and this time I don't want to waste my two hours" I said, my voice laced with sarcasm. His face fall and he shook his head in denial.

"Nandini c'mon yaar I already apologized, for how long you will hold it against me and I promise today no work, no meeting just you and me" He tried to pacify me. He looked at me, his eyes full of hopes. I nodded wordlessly.

Quickly we decided to get ready and leave for the exquisite dinner.

I dressed myself in a off shoulder black crop top with blue jeans and Manik was in peach colored jeans with red t-shirt.

We entered in the lavish 5 star hotel. He started placing his orders, he ordered some non-veg dishes and after placing his orders he asked me about my choice. I told the waiter to bring veg biryani along with some other vegetarian dishes. He gaped at my face maybe because non-veg were their specialty and here people hardly prefer eating something vegetarian.

"Nandini you don't like eating non-veg, you cooked boneless chicken for Bruno right" He asked in disbelief

"I didn't Mukti did I hate non-veg, I'm pure vegetarian and I hate non-veg food " I said making a face of disgust, for me it was more about my moral ethics. Soon the waiter came with the non-veg dishes and kept it on the table.

Manik grinned seeing his favourite dishes while I made faces. The smell of it was irritating. I felt like puking my guts out.

"You-a-are not g-going to eat th-is" It was hard for me to come up with good words when I could only think about the irritating smell of the food. He smiled lopsided

"And why is that?" Manik asked smirking.

"Because I am pure vegetarian!" I replied, he stared at me and I can see the amusement dancing in his eyes.

"So? Am not asking you to have it but if you want you can have.. mai tumhara ganda raaz kisi ko nahi bataunga!" He whispered in my ear and chuckled at his own comment.

"Yuck! Manik please no isey table se hatvado I can't even breathe because of it" I said, blocking my nose with the help of index and middle finger.

"Well I love it and I'm going to have it right in front of your eyes" A smug grin appeared on his face when he took the bite. I knew that tone just too well, one look at him and I understood what he was up to, he was challenging me, well two can play this game.