Chapter 30

He dried his hairs through the towels and I went into the kitchen to prepare some coffee for both of us.

When I came back I poured the coffee in mug and forwarded my hand. He picked it up and went into the balcony attached to the room. I silently followed him. He was leaning over the railing of the balcony. His eyes were gazing at the garden, I followed his gaze. The garden was to the right side of the house. The garden was huge and beautifully decorated with different types of plants and trees. There were mango and coconut trees; and flower plants of rose, sunflower, and jasmine. Many vegetables were also grown in the garden.

He was absolutely quite.

"It is good to be here" he said, sipping his coffee silently staring at the garden. He wasn't smiling but I could see satisfaction in his eyes as if here he got something he lost years ago.

"Yes it is so good to be here. It is so peaceful" I replied.

"My dad, he loved gardening ye garden unhone banaya whenever I miss him I come here" he scanned the garden through his eyes.

He smiled he was happy, in fact a little more than happy. I didn't know what to say so I stayed silent and we silently enjoyed the late night breeze. The sky was dark and windy but still full of twinkling stars.

He stared blankly at the starry night. Maybe he was trying to find his father in them.

"Manik there is no couch in this room" I told him when he came back in the room.

"Umm haa hang on we have one in hall, we can use that one" He suggested and slowly turned around to other side of the room. He was about to open the door.

"No we can't" He stopped after listening my voice.

"Why?"

"What will you tell Mukti?" I interrogate, he thought for a while but couldn't come up with proper suggestion.

"Then you want me to sleep somewhere else"

"Still the problem is same, what will you tell her?" I didn't want to plant a seed of doubt in her mind. She shouldn't know about our twisted equation.

"Then what do you want"

"I will sleep on the floor"

"No Nandini I will do it"

"Nahi please don't do it"

"You are not going to sleep on the floor, I don't like it"

"We can share the bed, it's just a matter of two days" The words tumble out of my mouth at a rate faster than my mind could process. He arched his brow in surprise. The tension in the air was thick. What if he took it in a wrong way? I managed to blink my eyes and looked away, trying to avoid the further embarrassment but he kept his eyes on me and I glanced at him through the corner of my eyes.

"This side is mine and that one is yours" I tried to hide my nervousness when I pointed towards the side of the bed. I try to cover it up but the damage was already done.

"Okay" He shrugged his shoulder and settled down on his side of the bed. I pulled another blanket out from the cupboard. I took my side. I dragged the blanket over my body. I ignored the odd feeling growing in my stomach when I slept beside him. We stared at each other blankly without words or actions. It was awkward. I giggled, trying to break through the awkward silence that prevailed both of us.

"Why are you laughing?"

"What happened some time ago I can't get over from it that was so funny"