Chapter 54

I applied the red lipstick on my lips and wore Manik's favorite perfume, and then the white pearl necklace. I tied my hairs in a bun. 

"How do I look" I questioned my own reflection. I couldn't help but stare at my body and admire my beauty. I had dressed myself in a netted blue sari with a low cut deep neck blouse, just the way Manik like, for one last time checked myself in the mirror. There was nothing left to be corrected. There was nothing left to be contemplated. I had called him half an hour ago to ask about his location and he told me that he was in his way soon he will be here.

I turned around and quickly rechecked everything I had done an hour before. Everything was on its place the just way I wanted it to be. I did everything from cooking his favourite food to dressing up to decorating the entire room. I put everything in it and did whatever was in my power. I heard the horn of his car and ran towards the window. I peeked through the curtain and saw his car entering inside the mansion. He will be here any moment. I had longed for this moment, for his touch, for his voice and for his love. There was a strange excitement within me. The kind of joy that I was feeling was beyond description.

"Nandini" He called my name, his voice sounded like a prayer to my ears. I blinked my eyes multiple times to ensure that it was him. My Manik. Who was standing right in front of my eyes after one long and painful month. I mentally pinch myself to find if it was a dream but it wasn't, it was really him. I stared at him for a long moment to engrave the sight of him in my memory. I glanced at his face; there wasn't any noticeable change on his face except the fifteen days old subtle.

I stepped forward to engulf him in my arms. I traced his masculine chest with my soft fingers. His touch felt delightful against my fingers. His body language, soft but firm, I inhaled his scent, butterflies began to dance in my belly, thousand different desire aroused in my body. I had dreamt of this moment daily and at last the moment arrived.

"Manik, I missed you a lot. I'm so happy that you are back." I whispered against his chest but he didn't reply then I observed he wasn't holding me back. After a second he squeezed my arm roughly.

"Ahh" I screeched but he didn't move his hand not even a bit.

"Ahh..ahh..Manik please, leave it's hurting me." I yelped when the pain became unbearable. He left my arm and for a moment everything turned black in front of my eyes. His harsh grip stopped my blood supply and left a blue mark on my arm. I rubbed my arm to ease the pain.

"Sorry" He mumbled under his breath. I nodded my head in acknowledgement, worried that I might say something irrelevant. I looked up to find a girl standing near Manik. I stared at her in surprise. I was caught up in my own thought that I didn't even notice when she walked in. She was wearing a brown knee length dress something that hardly did anything to hide her assets.

"Who is she?" I tried hard to be patient, but my voice betrayed me. Though I try to keep it normal, I notice it raised a few decibel levels higher than before. Something about her sudden appearance disturbed me. I observed the way she was gazing at him, her lustful gaze made me feel sick in my stomach.

"None of your business." He shot back. I gaped at him in disbelief. I was shocked when she wrapped her arm around his waist. I wanted him to say something to her. To react to it, but he chose to dismiss the idea. Instead of removing her hand he smiled at her and held her back.

"Manik, what is wrong with you? What are you doing?"

"Nandini, you know what let's just call it off. I'm tired of pretending to be good with you. Now I feel sick." I retreated backward; his words burning in my ear like melt iron. It shook me as I fight against it to hold on to the earth slipping beneath me.