Chapter 9

"Nandini, this is insane what you are saying is stupid" my mother growled.

"Do we have another option left?" I replied.

"But Nandini even if you agree bhai is never going to agree for this marriage, I know him enough" Mukti added.

"If you wish to he will do it I will convince him" before I could say something his mother interrupted. Mukti glared at her mother and shook her head in denial.

"This is ridiculous, every part of it" she said and dashed out from the room. With each passing second, my decision of marrying him was becoming difficult.

"I will convince him let me talk to him, dress yourself if you actually want to do this" she gestured towards the bridal attire and it was a sign for me that she was telling me to wear it. I nodded and the picked it up from the bed. For a minute no one spoke, all of them were staring at me, there was only one emotion in their eyes pity and I deserved it all every bit of it.

Manik's P.o.v.

"You can't be serious Mukti Aliya is not here, she ran away and Nandini want to marry me" I said through my teeth. I was too shocked to even react. This whole drama of marriage is utter shit. How the fuck Aliya dare to ran away, I wouldn't leave her anyhow I will find her out and another proposal of marriage I have got today. I feel sick in my stomach whenever I picture her as my bride. No it's not going to happen, none of it no matter what people say, I'm not into this. This whole breed of woman all of them are same they like to cheat; they like to back stab and use the person for their benefits without actually caring about the emotions.

"Mukti I wish to talk to him alone" my so called mother was standing in the doorway in front of us. She took slow step towards me, her eyes dart to me; I took my eyes away from her. I can't keep staring at her, she's giving me a headache.

"Mukti I said leave us alone" she ordered and I glared at her but she stood rooted on her place, clearly unaffected. Mukti left the room. She just looked at me and we stared at each other without exchanging words. I would rather get her talking than sit here in tense silence.

"Niyonica, What do you want?" I burned the question into her.

"You know everything right" she replied.

"I do but if you think that I'm going to do this then sorry to say, you are wrong, so get out and leave me alone" I point a finger at her and she doesn't looked phased by my move.

"Manik what about the family prestige"

"I don't care about other and the so called family prestige we have" I replied, I will never understand what made her think that she can convince me.

"If you will do the marriage I will tell you everything about the incident happened years ago, there are a lot of things you don't know about your past, I will tell you everything only if you wish to find it out" I flinched when she mentioned the past incident took place in our life. What the hell, she was trying to do. This must be some sick joke.

"I'm waiting for you, come soon" she ordered me and walked out. So it's a deal give and take. This relationship give and take is all my mother has taught me. People say mother is always selfless and she loves her child truly but mine isn't one of them. I can't help but laugh at my helplessness. Rage was building inside me, I wish I could just let my anger out on something. I kicked the table as hard as I could and yelled loudly.

"Nandini I will make sure you pay for this" I took the vase in my hand and throw it on the floor.

I stared in the mirror, I was wearing a red heavy lehenga and blouse which was designed for Aliya di but according to the circumstances I was wearing it. Life is unpredictable for sure.