Chapter 34

"Nandini, come to my cabin" I hear Manik's voice over the phone. I kept the receiver back on its place and strode towards his cabin.

"Nandini, look who is here" He pointed towards the person, sitting on the chair and the person turned towards me. I felt the floor slipping beneath my feet when I looked towards the person. Tears welled up in my eyes and all the past memories flashed right in front of my eyes.

"Alya Di" it was I could utter in that moment.

"Nandini..you and Manik, you both are, he just told me that..." She said, shock was written all over her face. I stared at her, wide eyes. I couldn't believe that she was right in front of my eyes.

"Yes we are married and she's my wife" He announced, what left me perplexed was his relaxed attitude as if knew she was going to come back.

"Wese I thought tum ek mahine pehle hi aajaogi. But koi baat nahi der aaye durust aaye vaise kya huva koi aur film nahi mili? Tch-tch-tch oh kaise milegi? After what I've done" He stated, his voice low but seething with anger.

Seeing my sister after what seemed like ages with lost smile and nothing else. She looked broken but her eyes were fiercest.

"Yes I am back, Mr.Manik Malhotra and I'm glad that you are too happy in your world after destroying my dream" she said in a sarcastic tone which left me confused. He narrowed his eyes and the cold force for his dark intensified.

What was happening? I didn't have the slightest idea about it. All I could see was puzzles.

"Oh-hoo... Okay so now the blame is on me? You deserved what I did. You left the marriage night unattained so I plugged you out of that film" Manik said gritting his teeth.

"How could you?" Alya asked almost sobbing. He didn't notice the dire disappointment in her voice or even if he did he chose to completely ignore it.

"Oh shut that stupid melo drama of yours I am not at all interested and just get the hell out of my place" He said his voice still cold and controlled. These days I almost forgot that this side of him even exists.

'Kya huva tumhari film nahi mili'

'I can see you are so happy after destroying my dream'

'U left that marriage I plugged you out of the movie'

Now the missing piece of the puzzles were falling back.

'Manik plugged Alya di out of her film because she left him...and that happened a month ago... what Alya di had gone through. Why didn't he tell me this'

"Finally I got what I wanted and now I want you to leave and then never come back in our lives, so get the hell out of here"

"Manik, please don't do this to me"

"Alya please rewind your life and then see what you did with me and with your family. You should know how it feels now get out" he said, his dark eyes glittering with revenge and anger. I wanted to ask so many things, but this was neither the time nor the place. So I just stood there rooted on my spot, like a true monumental statue.

She wiped her tears and marched out of the cabin.

I followed her out and I was glad that Manik didn't try to stop me.

"Di" I called her and she turned back to face me.

"Di I want to talk to you" she stared at me blankly for a moment and then she nodded. We walk out of the office. We came to the cafeteria the only place we could have talk during the office hours.

She and hugged me but I didn't hold her back. I was too shocked to receive her especially at this moment of my life.

"Di I want to know everything why did you left?" I questioned, she looked at me apologetically and tried to explain

"Look Nandini I am sorry about what happened my intentions were not wrong I just wanted to fulfill my dream"

"Do you have any idea what happened after you left? Do you know how Appa and amma faced the wrath of the society? Did you know what I faced? It was always all about you. You could have told us damn it! That you've got a film and you want to do it despite of running like a thief" I shouted, taking all my frustration on her but she didn't utter a word maybe because she knew that she was at fault.

"You should have talked to me Alya di. You are my sister. I must've helped you" I sighed calmly.

"But no one would have understood... they would have got me married.. I was scared Nandini and I didn't want to let go of my dream without giving it a try" she said, tears welled up in her eyes and she wiped them out of her eyes..

"Di as far as I know marrying him was your decision then why did you back stabbed him?" I couldn't suppress the shivers that ran through my entire body. The fact of him being in love with her was enough to scare the shit out of me.