Chapter 35 (a)

"Nandini, I have some work left so I'm going to my study" He collected his files and other documents and unplugged his laptop from the charger.

"No Manik you can work here I don't feel like sleeping" I said when I saw him moving out.

"No Nandini I don't want to disturb you and I can't leave it incomplete. Khurana's project is so important for me and tomorrow we have an important day so I'm sorry but I can't stay back"

"It's okay go I will sleep"

"Good night Nandini"

"Manik"

"Hmm"

"If I ever do something wrong then will you forgive me?" I asked, His gaze wondered over my face for a moment.

"What kind of idiotic question is that Nandini?" He smiled at me, obviously not taking me seriously.

"Of course I will we all make mistakes and I know you will not do anything purposely so of course I will forgive you silly" He added, I tried not to flinch on his words. What if I do it purposely?

"Then he will never forgive you" my inner voice scowled at me.

"Good night Manik"

"Good night" he turned the lights off and I pulled the blanket over my head. I waited for him to leave and soon silence surrounded me.

I tried pushing my face in pillow hundred times and I waited for sleep to come but it won't come to me.

What if I end up losing him forever?

What if he doesn't forgive me for what I'm planning to do?

I cannot handle the same devil back in my life. What ifs didn't let me sleep not even for a moment? My brain was whirling like a mad spinning wheel, trying to figure out a way out of this.

"He will forgive me even if he came to know that I did it purposely" Finally I decided to assume for my own sanity's sake. I close my eyes to welcome the much needed sleep.

I did not even realize when I had dozed off but it was Manik's voice calling out to me that woke me up from my deep slumber. I looked up at him and saw him dressed properly. I glanced at the clock kept by the side of the table; it was eight. What was wrong with me? How could I be so reckless?

"Manik, I'm really sorry give me ten minutes I will be back" He just gave me a slight nod and I moved towards the washroom.

When I came out he was there smiling at me as always with two mugs of coffee in his hands.

"Nandini, I hope everything goes fine" He placed the mug on the small table by the side and I took a seat beside him.

"Everything will be fine Manik" I said, reassuring him as well as myself.

**************

It was the 3rd time, he was going through the same file to check whether everything is ok or not. He looked at his cabin's clock, and sighed. He needed to go over these quotes by 11 am.

"Come in" A loud knock on his door brought him out of his deep concentration.

"Sir "Aman came inside.

"Sir here are the details of the teams who are going to supervise in this project I have included all the details of the contractors, and our advertising team." He informed.

"What about the locations?"

"We are getting maximum sponsors for this hotel so the land is final"