Chapter 24

My eyes flicker at the mess on the floor and then back on him. He was seething in anger. My parents were shocked and no one spoke for few minutes. The whole situation gave me jitters.

"Enough is enough"

"I had enough of this drama" His face turned serious and he shook his head.

"Manik beta kya hua?" My mother asked him in a panic voice. He closed his eyes and opened them again.

"Please Aunty let's just not continue with anymore I feel tired" She blinked her eyes and stared at me with so many emotions on her face that every conscious thought flew out of my mind until there's nothing left. I wish I could have explained but I can't do anything.

"Manik what's wrong with you" I enquired.

"Nandini, this drama is in my nerves, he doesn't deserve it. Your Appa he is using you so he can get that Khurana's project. I overheard his conversation" His confession worked like a last nail in coffin. I was momentarily paralyzed after listening his words.

"Manik wait I can explain" Appa interrupted, he clicked his finger in front of him and told him to stay quite.

"No you don't have to I already know everything"

"This girl she loves you a lot she convinced me to pretend like a couple she told you a lie, she did all this things for you and you have motive behind all of this"

"Now I'm sure that it was you who forced her for this marriage. Nandini I'm telling you, your father isn't what he looks like don't trust him" He explained while holding my wrist. I jerked my hand away from him.

"Manik stop it"

"No why should I tell him to stop and please stop hiding things let's just face it. Mr. Yash Murthy the truth is we haven't accepted the marriage and she is lying but for you and I don't have much hopes left from you. So its better you know the truth" My mind was in knots, with all the mess I was already in it was the last thing on the earth I wanted to happen, I thought he would keep it to himself but he used it against me. I didn't want to imagine what was going to happen.

"Nandini.. you.. you were lying, is it true Nandini?" Appa's depressed state was clearly visible not only from his sore eyes but his defeated face as well. I lowered my head and I looked away when he looked straight in my eyes. I would never be able to meet his eyes again. His eyes had questions, accusations and so many things in them but more anything I can see guilt and pain. He kept on staring at me and I couldn't gather enough courage to meet his eyes.

"Stop it I had enough of this drama, I just had enough stop pretending" He yelled, shoving his hands through his hairs, he rubbed them on his face.

"Manik get out and thanks for everything but I don't need your help anymore" I yelled, I clenched my fist together in my lap, anger rushing through my veins like a wild fire.

"What you are telling me to get out, ask him I heard his conversation, he is no less than a con man" He banged his fist on the table.

"Manik it was my decision, marrying you was my decision and trust me I regret every bit of it" I explained, repeating it serval times in my head for my reassurances. His face paled when I completed.

"Now I want you to leave please leave" I wanted to scream in frustration. A strange mixture of anger and fear was rushing through my body. I gripped the hand of the chair tightly so I can stand properly. I would have collapsed on floor if I wasn't holding it tightly.

"Nandini listen to me" he held my hand and tried explaining but I was in no mood to listen.

"I said get out"

"Nan.." He opened his mouth to say something but next moment he closed it. It looked like he wanted to say something but he couldn't say it.

"I said out now"

"Go to hell" He threw another dish on the floor and dashed out of the house. I let out a deep breath; I was on the verge of breaking down.

"You back stabbed me Nandini" he whispered, a lone tear escaped from my eye. It was the moment that had the power to question my whole existence. My whole identity was in doubt.

I back stabbed him? I can never do it, I wish if I could tell him but I couldn't voice my thoughts.

"Appa..I can explain" I took a step towards him and he pointed his finger towards me, clearly telling me to stay away from him.
I looked towards my mom, her mouth was set in a grim line, all the elation and happiness from this family was gone. She kept staring at me, her eyes had so many questions in them and I didn't have answer.

"Nandini, I want you to leave Nandini" He stated firmly. I know he wanted to ask so many things but I had nothing to tell him, he already knows everything.

It's hard to describe how I feel right now. I want to explain everything to him but I didn't know how to even if I give it a try he wasn't going to believe me because I stabbed his back.

Mom looked at me for a moment; the vulnerable and unsure look in her eyes was too much for me to bear. The smile was gone from her face.

"Appa I can explain" I pleaded.

"No don't explain anything; I had enough, leave now" A burst of a pain shot through my body. I would have happily accepted if he would have slapped me but his words were far more dangerous than the slap.

"Appa I'm sorry Appa"

"I said leave right now" I flinched at the choice of his words.

I walked back towards the gate, I felt heavy with each step I took, I turned back to see Appa standing on the exact position he was on, his face was expression less, void of emotions. What if he doesn't call me back? What if I lost him forever? I shuddered at the mere thought of losing my family.

All thanks to that devil, he ruined everything I had; he ruined the most precious thing of my life. I will never forgive him for this, never ever. I will make him pay; he can't walk away like this.
He is so toxic that his mere presence can corrupt everything. People like him don't deserve love in their life.

m