Chapter 6

"Nandu, come here, mehendi nahi lagwani h tumhe" I heard my mom's voice.

"Yes mom coming" I replied her back. I didn't feel like getting involve in this function but I knew if I won't I would be dragged by my mother. So it's better that I myself join them.

I sat beside Aliya di and designer held my hand firmly. She showed me some designs and I selected one of them. She started applying mehendi on my palm. I was silently staring at the design but the sound of my phone caught my attention. I scroll through the inbox.

"I want you to meet me in office tomorrow and we need to discuss things about the new project" I read his message.

"Whose name you want me to write"

"Manik" I completed reading his message.

"Okay done" designer's voice broke the train of my thoughts. I looked down to find his name written on my palm. I kept staring at the name and she continued applying heena on my palm. I didn't know how I was suppose to react on this accident. I was already disturbed because of the past encounter we had few days ago and there were massive changes in his behaviour. I didn't like it, his name on my palm. I don't like his existence in my life anymore. I freed my hand from her grip.

"Abhi pura nahi hua hain let me complete it" she stopped me but I didn't listen, I dragged my hand away and left from there without glancing back.

I came in my room and I directly went to washroom. I washed my hand with water and soap and I tried clearing it all but it was still visible on my palm. His name, Manik was clearly written on my palm. I didn't know how I suppose to hide it from everyone. I tried removing it another time but it was still there on the same position. A lone tear escaped from my eye and I wiped it softly. I dashed out from washroom, I can't show it anyone, I need to hide it from everyone.

"Nandu, listen to me" Mom called me back when I came downstairs.

"Yes mom" I clenched my fist tightly so I can hide his name.

"Nandu, tuje Mukti ke ghar jana hain tere dad busy hain or koi hain bhi yahan jissey me kah saku wo kuch shagun ka saman degi beta It's important for Aliya or kal haldi me bhi wahi sab chize kam ayengi tu lekar aa jayegi" she requested. I blinked twice in disbelief, I didn't want to face him not after this.

"Mom I can't, kisi or ko bhej dijiye" I replied.

"Nandu please there is no one I can send please help me" she requested further and I nodded.

"Okay I'm calling Mukti all you have to do is to receive the things she is going to give you" she said while scrolling through her phone and next she moved away. I came out told driver to take me to Malhotra mention.

Manik's pov

"Hello"

"Hello Manik listen me and Aryaman we are orgNandusing a bachelors party for you, tomorrow after the sangeet ceremony" Kabir informed me, I rolled my eyes at his statement. I was least interested in any kind of parties.

"Kabir I don't have interest in all this"

"Come on yaar don't be a spoil sport it will be fun" he tried convincing me and I knew my two buddies weren't going to listen me.

"Okay fine" I agreed on his terms. I hang up on him and took my clothes off. I went to the washroom and turned the faucet on. Water was drenching my body, soothing every muscle. My mind went back to the news Mukti told me that Nandini was going to come here.

Why do they have to keep pooja, mehendi and this bloody function on the first place. I hate this all and was the need of calling Nandini here. My thoughts halted when her face flashed in the back of my mind. All my thoughts all end at one word or rather one name. I didn't know what was actually happening to me the bunch of strange feelings I was having for her. Whenever she is around I like it and on the other hand I hate her presence. The cold stream of water bought me back to the present. Everyone must be waiting for me.

Nandini's pov

When I reached there, I looked for Mukti.

"Hey Nandini you come with me for the preparation and haldi can you please call bhai down? She said in lower tone.

"Me?" I asked, my tone was anxious and shock was clearly visible on my face. Everyone looked at me and I composed myself.

"Yes you why Nandini if you have some problem I can send someone else"

"No it's okay I was just confirming I will go and call sir down" I hurried upstairs so no one could notice the sudden change in my expression.

When I reached his room, I gasped hard because I was dumbfounded by the sight I witnessed.

"I'm sorry sir" I apologized.

"What the hell are you doing here" he yelled. He was bare chested and he was just wearing a towel. Water was running down from his chest and his hairs were wet.

"Mukti send me to call you downstairs" I told him, I stared at his naked body and I removed my gaze when he caught me red handed. I turned around to leave.

"Stop" he came towards me and pin me against the wall. I closed my eyes when I felt his hand gripping my waist. I squeezed my eyes shut more tightly when I felt his touch on my body. A shiver ran down, shaking my entire body. Something cold touched my forehead with the softest pressure. It was his forehead, he was resting his head against mine. I didn't dare to open my eyes. Water was dripping from his wet body and I kept my hand against his chest and it felt abnormally uncomfortable. His proximity was effective, I shivered like a dry leaf in autumn. I opened my eyes and he was still there staring straight into my eyes. I stared at him back, his face was just inches away from me. I didn't know if I was suppose to push him away or not but on the first place we were this close to each other.

"What is this?" He asked while holding my hand. He gestured towards his name written on my palm.

"Wo..wo designer wrote it by mistake" I replied, he frowned at the choice of my words.

"I tried removing it but actually couldn't" I continued. He gawked at my face in utter shock. He thought for a moment as if he was trying to process the words in his mind. He left my hand and realised our position. He moved away from me, I didn't utter a word. He held my hand tightly and dragged me out from his room.

"Get out, don't you dare come in my room, no matter what happens do you understand" he said and banged the door on my face. Tears streamed down from my face, I felt humiliated. I wasn't used to such behaviour and shout. I didn't know what pleasure he gets in all this. He likes hurting me and I don't know why the hell I even think that he would actually care about my feelings. A person like him can never be sensitive and care about someone's emotions.