Chapter 31

"Yeah Aman tell me what is the current situation" I asked my manager over the phone.

"Sir actually one of my best friend works in Yash Murthy's company. I can't tell you the name sir. He is a friend so but he has told me everything about him" I held the phone close to my ear and walked out of the room in garden.

"Actually sir in reality we should thank Mr. Murthy he has saved our company because one of our employ leaked the contract details, tender and the quotation as well. So his company wanted to file the tender at lower cost but Mr. Murthy stopped them by saying that you are his son in law and he will tell you to back out. His company agreed and they didn't lower the amount rest I don't know but he didn't let them use leaked detail. I know about the person who did it. I will tell you in office" I felt numb after knowing the entire truth behind the deal. A strange kind of distress settled down in my heart. Nandini kept telling me that there is something more, something which is missing. Right from the beginning she has told me that there is more in it and I shouldn't believe what meet the eye. What Aman said confirmed it. She was always right on her place.

"Okay "I was too numb to react. Everything falls back in one picture, so it was his plan and he wasn't trying to manipulate me but his own company. When realisation seeped in I felt remorse. I felt awful for saying those cruel words but he didn't deserve it not even a bit of it. The worst part of the whole incident was he's trying to explain but I didn't let him. I wish I would have stayed calm and at least listen what he wanted to say but I just blasted without thinking twice.

"Nandini Mukti we are leaving now" I told them in hurry.

"Why now bhai? We were supposed to leave tomorrow" She asked.

"Yeah I have an important work in my office if you two want to stay then you can but I have to leave"

"No Manik if it is something urgent then we are coming with you"

"Okay" I didn't explain anything to them. We packed the stuff and arranged the luggage in my car and I took the driver's seat. I drive as fast as I could I didn't want to reveal anything to Nandini yet.

"Bhai what happened why are you driving fast is it something so urgent?" Mukti interrupted, I glanced towards the speed of my car. It was around 100 kmph. The engine groaned even louder than usual when I pushed it over 100.

"It's an emergency and trust me I can handle it" I assure her and continued to drive on the same speed. I had no idea how time flew, I covered the 5 hours distance in just 3 hours.

When we reached I told both of them that I have important work in my office. They nodded in agreement and climbed out of the car. In my way I called Nandini's mother to ask about her father's whereabouts and she told me that he was still in his office.

"I want to meet Mr. Yash Murthy" I enquired when I reached the receptionist.

"Give me a minute sir I will have to ask him. What is your name?"

"Manik Malhotra" she picked her phone and dialed his number.

"He's calling you upstairs" She pointed towards the stair case. I climbed the two at a time. I had to make it right. There are so many things that I don't know or I'm afraid of doing. Apology and facing my mistake is one of them.

I took a deep breath in and knocked the door in front of me.

"Come in" Without uttering a word I walked into his cabin.

"Hello uncle"

"Manik come have a seat"

"You came here without informing I hope Mukti is fine" He asked as he gestured me to take a seat.