Chapter 51

I have a request there is a song in the update so I want you to listen that song while reading that particular part. The song is Tu har lamha from khamoshiyaan . 

"Nandini, actually I need your passport to book our tickets. So give it to me."

"I don't have my passport with me." The words spilled out of my mouth before I could think twice about them.

"I didn't get you. What do you mean? You don't have your passport." He frowned as if he didn't understand the meaning of my words.

"Actually one year ago I lost my bag and it had my passport." I said, he raised his eyebrows and stared at me like I have grown another head. I know my excuse sounded a little bit lame but it was all I could think in this moment.

"What seriously, you lost your passport. Nandini, passport is more like an identity, anyone can use it for wrong things. How could you be so casual about it?" His calm expression was gone; his face was anxious and unsure.

"No Manik I told dad when I lost it. He lodged a FIR and they have blocked my passport. Now it cannot be used but I never applied for a new one. So I think I can't come with you." I responded calmly. He stilled, and very slowly all the color drained away from his face.

"You can't come." He asked, exasperated, as my face remained resolutely straight.

"You can go alone right, we might not get passport in two days so I think you should go alone. It is just a matter of one month." I offered hopefully. He build up a rugged expression on his face.

"Without you I'm not going anywhere Nandini. I planned this trip for both of us." He protested angrily.

"But you were supposed to go for work and the project is important for you right?"

"Whatever I don't I wanted you to come and now forget it Nandini I'm not going anywhere. I will find another way to handle the work." He shrugged as if he doesn't care about his dream project.

"Manik but you should go." I tried to convince him but he wouldn't give up so easily. I felt guilty for keeping so many things away from him especially the most important news. He deserved to know everything about it.

"I'm not going Nandini end of the discussion. I don't want to talk about it anymore." He turned towards the other side of the bed, his back was facing me. I turned my head in other direction. I closed my eyes for a short nap but it wouldn't come. I had grown so addicted of him that now I can't even sleep without him. The project is important for him and I don't want him to give up on it. Why can't he just understand simple things? It was difficult for me as well. After few seconds he slid his hand around my waist and pulled me close.

"No matter how much we fight, I can't sleep without taking you in my arms." He kissed my temple and bit my earlobe. I sighed, trying my best to smile but failing miserably. If I would make a list of the wrong things I had tell him then it would be a long one. The list of things I was keeping away from him. He had always trusted my words without a second thought and I was betraying him in the worst possible way. After one month I promise I will tell him everything. I settled down in his embrace and sleep overtook both of us.

Next morning when I woke up Manik wasn't beside me. I asked the servants and they told me that he had already left for the office. I dialed his number but it directly went on the voice mail. Instead of leaving message for him I called his manager Aman.

"Aman, Are you in office? Actually Manik left early in the morning. I just wanted to know the behind it. Do you know anything about it?"

"Yes Ma'am even I'm in office. Sir called me early in the morning. He told me that he won't be able to go London. So he wanted me to find some other way to complete the remaining work."