Chapter 41

After informing mom, I ran out of the house and stood beside the main gate. I hated to wait for him. It felt like the most difficult time of my life. It was strange but right now I just wanted to have him right in front of my eyes.

After 10 minutes he arrived and got out of the car. I ran in his direction and hugged him as tight as I could. He was quite shocked but didn't protested, he pulled me in his warm embrace. I just stood in his protective grip without worries. I needed to assure myself that he was there with me, right in front of me. The feeling of losing him was so terrifying. I pushed my frame into his chest for a tight hug.

"Nandini, what happened" He asked, rubbing my back.

"Umm hmm nothing happened. Let's go." I said, trying to keep my voice calm and without waiting for his reply I sat on the passenger seat. He gave me a puzzled look but didn't oppose. He occupied his seat and turned the ignition on.

I was silent, staring at the road. I just shook my head, not sure if I could speak. I could feel his gaze on my face; he didn't seem to be paying any attention to the road but I kept my eyes forward.

"Nandini, are you fine?" His sudden question made me conscious about my state.

"Umm...yes I'm fine."I managed a weak smile; I tried not to look anxious. He continued to drive on the road and the rest of the drive fell silent.

When we reached I quickly got out of the car and entered inside the house. I climbed the stairs, my mind still swirled dizzily, full of images I couldn't understand, and some I fought to repress. I changed my clothes and dressed myself for the night.

"Nandini, come let's have dinner" He walked in with two plates of food in his hand. I sat on the bed and began to eat, absentmindedly. We spend next few minutes in companionable silence.

"Nandini, you look disturbed. Is there anything you want to tell me?" He asked, taking his hand into mine, lacing our fingers together. Tears pricked my eyes when I stared into his eyes. I threw myself in his arms and sobbed. I was so damn scared that I couldn't move. I clutched his shirt tightly to sure myself that I was still in his arms. He didn't hold me back to comfort neither tried to separate me from him. I started crying like a little child who lost his mother in crowd. I needed his warmth to comfort me. It was tough for me to handle my emotions because I was already going through a lot. What happened in afternoon was taking a toll on me.

"Nandini, what happened? Why are you crying?" He slowly separated from me to have a look at my puffy face; he scanned my face through his eyes, trying to read my expression. The look he gave me made me slightly nervous. I wandered my eyes here and there, trying to gather enough confidence. I ransacked my brain for a proper excuse. I was dying to tell him everything, but I couldn't gather enough courage.

"Manik, today I went to meet dad and he was upset with me because I took the entire blame on my head. I had a hard time convincing him. So I was upset about it. Manik I swear mene kuch bhi jaan bhuj ke nahi kia I didn't want to upset you or dad, it's just I couldn't think of anything else please don't be angry with me. I swear I never had any bad intentions." I lied; I felt a slight prick of tear in my eyes when I said it. He looked at me suspiciously maybe I couldn't convince him properly but he didn't choose to dig in further. He wiped my tears with the back of his thumb and kissed my forehead softly. His thumb roamed around my cheeks and lips to find solace.

"Nandini, how could you even think that I can doubt your intentions? I was upset with you because I care for you but I never doubted your intentions."

"So have you forgiving me?" I was struggling with words to come out. He nodded with a faint smile. I couldn't understand the emotions he had in his eyes but I didn't choose peer further.