Chapter 8

"Nandu, are you okay?" Di asked when we reached home from the party. I stayed silence and I didn't know how to voice my thoughts.

"Nandu, we are sorry about the incident we forced you to come with us and it happened" Mukti joined her. I regret listening them, spying on Dhurv was a bad move. The things we did for fun turned out worst. I shouldn't done it.

"This spying and all really turned out worst" Mukti replied.

"I told you these boys they are something else in front of us and the truth came out in bachelor's party" Di continued.

"Di kal apki shadi hain or main bhi kafi thak gayi hoon please so jate hain na" I said, I was disturbed after the whole incident took place in party. Whenever I close my eyes the intimate moments we shared with each other revolves in front of me. She nodded and hugged me. I silently walked out from her room. When I came to my room, I changed myself in night suit and climb on the bed.

My mind went back to same thoughts I was trying to push away from long time. From last few days we actually shared some moments with each other. Some times in office, in mehendi ceremony and now today, I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about all this. Whenever I think of all the things going between him and me, it is awkward and complicated. These things and they aren't supposed to be there and I hate it all. I don't like when he stares at me, I don't like his touch. I hate it all and I just hope soon I will be out from all this. He is my di's husband and if things doesn't fall on right place, I will quit my job, I cant continue with it anymore. I closed my eyes for a nap and didn't realize when I fall asleep.

Manik' p.o.v.

"Manik" I turned back to see Niyonica calling me. Yes of course my mother but she doesn't deserve that place in my life.

"When did you come back from London?" I asked her. Her visit was a surprise for me because staying out for business and earning money is all she has done throughout the life.

"Today, few hours ago" she replied.

"And for what?" I asked, I was curious to know, what bought her here.

"I came here for your marriage" I let out a sarcastic laugh and she frowned at my reaction.

"Well even if you wouldn't have still, you know what I'm trying to say, your presence is actually not important" I mocked at her, she looked at me with a blank face and this was the only thing I hate her. Her Innocent behaviour, is it important for all the woman's of this world to behave innocently ?

Sometimes I actually wonder from where this innocence come?

"Manik I" she tried to say something but I rolled my eyes on her words.

"Good night" I dashed out without listening and caring about her reaction.

*****

"Bhai sahi se betho na thik se sehra bandhne do" Mukti yelled at me while setting the turban on my head.

"Why do these people have such a rituals, can't we just go for a normal and simple wedding" I said through my teeth. I was pissed.

"Ha pata hain tere type ki simple shadi kya hoti h office me shadi or cabin me suhagrat mana lega tu agar tuje chance mile toh" Rudra teased me, Mukti burst out. I glared at him and he chuckled at my expression.

"Chalo bhai ho gya, get up" Mukti said and I got up from my place.

Nandini's p.o.v.

When I came down I scanned the hall with my eyes. The hall was embellished and festooned - with numerous lights and scads of flowers, the mandap set in the middle of the hall garnished entirely with orchids, red roses and lilies and the soft music was playing in the background. I saw my parent pacing back and forth for the arrangements.

"Nandu, come here" Appa called me and I join them.

"Baarat abhi aane hi wali hain call Aliya she hasn't came back from parlour" Appa said, I pulled my phone out and dialed her name. Her phone was switched off.

"Appa ho sakta hain di rastey me hi ho, Mukti is with di and you know her when it's comes to makeup how she is" I replied, he shook his head and laughed little.

"Yes call her and tell her to come as soon as possible" he told me and I nodded, I moved away from him and dialed Mukti's number. She picked it up in third ring.

"Hello"

"Hello Mukti when are you going to come" I asked. I heard loud music playing in the background.

"Yeah baarat is on the way and Nandini I can't hear you properly, wait a minute" she replied, her voice was louder than usual.

"Ha ab bolo kya hua"

"Mukti tum agar baarat me ho toh di ke sath kon hain" I asked.

"Par me Aliya ke sath kyun jaungi"

"Par di ne kaha tha tum unke sath ja rahi ho"

"I don't know anything about it Nandini call her, you might have miss understood talk to her, okay Nandini we are about to reach I will talk to you later" she hang up on me. I dialed Aliya's di number again.

"The number you are trying to call is currently switched off please try after sometime" her phone was still switched off. I dialed the parlour's number she was suppose to be in.

"Hello"

"Hello I want to know about your client Aliya Murthy is she there?" I asked, wiping the sweat bids from my forehead. I waited for her reply.

"No she is not here and she never came here" she replied and cut the call. Fear gripped my heart and my head started spinning. I climbed the stairs and opened the door of her room. I scanned the room, keenly and my eyes fall on the letter which was placed on her dressing table. I picked it up with shaking hands.

''I know my decision would never get approval by anyone of you..I know you are very hurt by my decision of leaving the house. It would hurt you terribly but I have no other option left. I can't go on with my life, without getting my answer. I love you mumma- papa and I'm sorry but I can't left my dreams like this. I got a chance to fulfill my dream. I'm going to mumbai I'm selected for movie they said they can't take a married girl for this movie it's my dream muma papa please try to understand please don't take
anything to heart..You are the world best parent any daughter could have. Bless your doll and pray for me, what I am seeking for.

I know you are scared for me but your daughter is not weak, she is strong enough to face the cruelty of this world. Give me your blessing, hopefully one day. I will be back after achieving my dreams''

Yours Aliya!!

"Nandu, where is Aliya" bhai asked.

"Bhai di, sh.. she left" I choked. He took the letter from my hand and stared at it.

"What happened" I turn back to find mom and Appa standing near the door.

"Where is Aliya?" Appa asked, bhai and me we looked at each other, I was still frozen on my place.

"Nandini, what happened I'm asking you, where is Aliya?" I didn't answer. I was too shocked to form a rational response. He snatched the letter from bhai's hand and opened it.

"Nandini what happened tell me" mom asked.

"Appa di, she.. she ran away" I whispered through unmoving lips. She started to cry; tears welled up in her eyes and then gushed miserably down her cheeks.

"She ran...ran away" she sobbed.

"How could she" she sobbed hard, her voice broke. I stared at her while the tears continued to ooze from the corner of my eyes.

"She can't do this to us" Finally Appa spoke something. His eyes were filled with anger, his face was pale. His eyes narrowed and his jaw tightened.

"We still can find her" bhai volunteered.

"No, you are not going anywhere, do you understand that" Appa shouted, anger glinted metallic in his black eyes. I flinched, threat was there in his voice but more than threat I can sense pain behind his rough voice. He was trying to hide it in his eyes but failed miserably.

"Dulhan kaha hain sab log niche intezar kar rh hain" we turned back to see, Manik's mother, Mukti and some other ladies standing near the door. I looked at Appa and he stared at me darkly for a long moment. He moved towards Manik's mother and joint his hands in front of her. Tears blurred my vision, I was starting to get dizzy. He didn't say anything, he handed her that letter and lowered his head.

"I wish I could say something but I can't" he whispered and I felt like my whole world was collapsing, she read the letter and looked at him.

"Ab ye shadi or niche jo mehman aye hain un sab ka kya hoga or Aliya aise kese mandap chhor ke bhag sakti" She said after a long pause, he flinched.

"Kya ladki mandap se bhag gayi" a lady gasped.

"Par wo bhag kyun gayi aisa bhi kya ho gya achanak ke wo bhag gayi" Another lady countered.

"Ho sakta hain apne kisi aashiq ke sath bhag gyi ho" first one spat out bitterly. She took the letter from his mother's hand and read it loudly.

"Isme likha hain ke wo kisi picture me heroine banne ke liye bhag gayi"

"Arey ye film wagerah toh sab bahana hain jarur kisi ladke ka chakkar hoga apne kisi aashiq ke sath bhag gayi hogi aakhir apni betiyon ko chhut hi itni di in logo or ab khade hain sar jhukaye" Appa didn't say anything, he just stood there listening everything the woman was saying about him. All my life he taught me that respect is the most important thing a man has and I know how hard it was for him to witness it all.

"Dekhiye hmare ghar ka mamla hain ye acha hi hoga ke ap dur rahe" I charged her.

"Kese tumhare ghar ka mamla hain ye hmari bhi koi ijjat hain samaj me ek bhan shadi se bhag gayi or dusri khadi hokar vakalat kar rahi jarur isne apni bhan ka sath dia hoga shadi se bhagne ke liye tewar toh dekho ghar ka mamla hain inka"

"Bilkul ab btao kon karega ye shadi ? Kya hoga do parivaro ki ijjat ka jo itne mehman aye hain niche un sab ka kya hoga janti ho log kya kahenge" Another one joined her. All of us were witnessing the whole scenario, silently.

"Isi ko kaho na jo itni vakalat kar rh hain apni bhan ki ye karegi ye shadi bolo tum karogi ye shadi" she asked me and I stood rooted on my spot. It was worst than my imagination.

"Arey ye kyun karegi ye shadi ye toh is parivaar ki beti hain bhi nahi laaye toh akhir issey anathaashram se hi the apna apna hi hota hain or paraya paraya" she spat out and her words pierced me like needle, I felt like thousands needles were piercing my body and pain was intense. I knew it that I was adopted but I never in my worst dream thought that it isn't my family. All of them like a piece of my body and soul. Inseparable part of my life and here the woman was questioning me, she doesn't have that right to question me about my family.

"Ha main karungi ye shadi" I said everyone of them looked at me, shock was plastered on their faces.

"Appa trust me I will do this, please let me do this" I whispered, tears leaked over the edge of my eyes. He took my face between his two stone hands, holding it tightly.

"Nandu, there is no difference between you and Aliya, don't think that there is difference, you are equally important to me" he choked, tears streamed down his face.

,]ōQ