Chapter 28

"Manik" I called him softly and he immediately turned his back towards me. The restlessness in his confirmed that all wasn't well.

"See this" At first he didn't responded but after few moments he thumped the newspaper in my hand and I read the headline of the newspaper. Yesterday's incident was there on the front page.

"I will kill all of them" he said, he looked worried when he pressed his temple through his hand.

"I think we should keep her away from all this" I recommended. Already the situation wasn't in our hands and these small happenings will make it worst.

"How?"

"Why don't you take her somewhere out for a day or two" I suggested, because I wanted to handle the matter in my own way. His soaring temper can make the things worst for Mukti.

"We can go to our farmhouse she loves staying there"

"Great and she might feel good"

"Okay then we are going"

"We?" I interrogate. He didn't look pleased at my question.

"You me and Mukti" He confirmed my doubts that he wanted me to accompany him. I dint have any problem but I wanted to give them some alone time.

"You want me to come?" I tried to confirm, honestly I was confused because of this changed equation between us. He curled his lips in disappointment after hearing my question.

"Of course I want you to come, you don't want to" He arched his brow in suspicion.

"No no it's fine I will come with you" I nodded with a dash of confusion.

"Good morning Kiddo" he greeted her warmly the moment he stepped in her room.

"Good morning Bhai and Nandini" she replied, her tone was equally warm and affectionate. I greeted her back.

"How are you feeling Kiddo?" He asked ruffling her hairs like a child.

"Much better" he heaved a sigh of relief.

"Wese I have a surprise for you"

"What surprise"

"We are going to our farmhouse for two days" He revealed his surprise and her eyes glittered with excitement and next happy smile covered her lips.

"Really, our farm house?"

"Yes and I know how much you love staying there"

"Yes of course I do my Bruno stays there and I love him. I love him a lot" she exclaimed throwing her hands in mid air and his face twisted in anger after hearing Bruno's name but he deliberately hide it behind his smile and I wondered who Bruno was?

"Thank you so much for this vacation" she hopped in his arms and he hugged her back. They looked adorable when they cuddled into each other.

"Nandini come with me and help me out with packing" she literally dragged me towards the room. She took out her stuff and we selected a few funky and classy dresses for her. After a while we were done with packing her stuff. I went back to pack mine and Manik's luggage as well.

We settled in the car. Manik took the front seat, one near the driver and two of us settled down on the back seats. Driver started driving the car and we decided to take a break in the middle of the drive so it won't turn out hectic. It was a five hours drive from our residence. We talked for a while on random topics and how we would spend the holiday.