Chapter Two-Earth

Chapter Status: REVISED

____________________________________________________________

Black Diamond smiled enjoying the view of the ocean from the cliffside. The sun slowly rises to signify the start of another day. Another day of freedom. Another day of sun. Another day distancing himself from his escape from Homeworld 2,000 years ago. The war had been over for a while now, and he didn't waste the chance he'd been given. Because it would never happen again.

His current home was Earth, the planet Pink loved so much. Enjoying the comfort of the sun and the soothing sounds of the ocean. He had traveled to many places around the planet. He had seen and tried so much. Finding a love for many of the things that he had never seen before. Enjoying many cultures, some reminded him of past experiences. While he marveled at the new ones he had encountered.

The arts are one of his personal favorite innovations of human existence. He had seen many beautiful structures and wondrous natural landscapes, but this was certainly one of his favorites. Rolling onto his stomach with a content sigh he took in the scene that never got old.

Until his eyes landed on a fenced-off area of the beach. Raising an eyebrow he began to feel curious about what could be on the other side. Sure, peace was nice but everyone needs a little adventure in between. Shifting into his smaller sapphire form. He grabbed the cliff's edge and stretched his arm till his feet touched the sand below.

Black stopped right in front of the fence where two signs lay. "Keep off Beach. Please." He whispered, finding the implied tonal differences to be strange. "What could possibly be so important to close off the entire beach?" He mumbled to himself. There was only one way to find out, so without further adieu, he jumped over the fence.

Taking the time to ensure that his hair covered his gem he proceeded to investigate, cautiously. Though that didn't stop the tingle of excitement that coursed through his body. What could possibly be there that would require a fence?

"What are we going to do? We can't let that gem run wild! They pose a threat to not only ourselves but the humans!" A voice yelled.

"It couldn't be? Could it?" Black Diamond slowly crept forward hoping to hear more of the conversation after hearing the word "gem." Despite his growing curiosity. The more instinctual part of him screamed at him to leave immediately.

"I know that but it's too powerful for us to take it out by ourselves. We need to wait for Rose to come back," a calmer voice replied.

He peaked around the corner and lore and behold there were two gems. Balck Swung back around the corner gripping the side of the cliff for dear life. There was a pearl and he couldn't tell what cut the other gem was. "How can this be I could have sworn that the Diamonds destroyed all gems on Earth, but wait... the only gems on Earth are... "THE CRYSTAL GEMS!" He shouted before slapping a hand over his mouth.....but it was too late.

"Who's there?" Black backed away quickly in hopes of getting away before they noticed him. The last thing he needed was a fight in his current state. When he turned to run he bumped into something. At first, all he could see was white ruffled layers of fabric, but as he backed away he could see a cascade of pink ringlets.

When he saw her he froze. He didn't know what to do. He could feel himself giving up already, thoughts of surrender bubbling from the dark recesses of his mind. If they find out who I am I'll be shattered without question. I just got out. It hasn't even been long. I haven't even begun to enjoy it.

His hands clenched at his sides. If he was going out he was going to take someone with him. He had worked too hard to get where he was right now. He could take that pearl for sure. The other half of him screamed at him to fight. He had got here on a nearly shattered spirit and only enough will to blink. What was one more fight to the death?