Chapter 9- Beach Party

Blare's Pov

We were currently fighting a gem monster, but so far all of our attempts to poof it have failed. Most of our attacks are blown back at us.

"Here it comes." Garnet said bringing everyone's attention back to the gem monster. The gem monster started blowing air that it had inhaled. "Garnet!" I yelled gaining her attention. "I want to try something I said summoning two katanas. I ran up to her standing in front of her.

We made eye contact for a second and she nodded her head. I jumped in the air, and she grabbed me by my feet and began spinning in a circle. As she started picking up speed stretched my arms out and waited for her to release me. She kept spinning to the point everything began to look blurry before releasing me.

I started spinning in order to imitate a drill. I closed my eyes hoping to poof the gem, but I was met with the intense wind of the gem. I felt myself slow down before I was blown back. "Aaaahhh!" I screamed before I crashed into the sand.

"Blare!" I heard Steven yell. I sat up slowly ignoring the intense pain, while brushing the sand off my clothes and hair. "Are you ok?" Steven asked pulling me back to my feet. "I'm fine, did I get close at least?" I asked.

"You almost touched it but you got blown back at the last second." He answered I sighed in defeat. "Here comes Garnet." Amethyst said pointing at the sky. I watched as she too got close to the monster before being blown away. "Ah man we blew it."

Amethyst was over our current situation and smacked it into the ocean. "Amethyst smacking it really far away doesn't solve anything. Now it's just going to come back later." Pearl pointed out.

"Yeah so we'll deal with it later." Amethyst said I nodded in agreement with her. "She's right that will give us time to formulate a better plan of action." I added. "Let's get Garnet she landed by the board walk." Steven said changing the subject.

When we got to the crash sight some man was yelling at Garnet. I sneered seeing were she landed. Fish Stew Pizza Steven's favorite substitute for me and Pearl's cooking. I utterly despised the place. This place was the reason Steven declined many of the ideas I had for lunch and dinner, and now this puny man is yelling at Garnet.

"Garnet are you okay?" Steven said running up to the pizzeria. "I'm fine." Garnet said jumping down from their roof. I smiled at the damage done to the roof. "This placed is wrecked. Give me one down low." Amethyst said impressed by the result of Garnet's crash.

"No agilates for you Amethyst! She knocked the puffer fish back into the ocean!" Pearl yelled. "Pearl I think you're failing to see the benefit in this situation." I interjected Pearl glared at me opening her mouth to retort. "Let's regroup at the temple." Garnet said shutting down the argument.

The three jumped away while I waited for Steven. "STEVEN! What is wrong with your friends? One of them bust up my sign! Then they all just jump into the sky like some circus act without even offering to help!" He yelled.

I walked up and bowed my head slightly in respect. "I'm sorry sir but we simple just don't have time to worry about things like this. Besides I was under the impression that most of you humans have insurance, so something like this shouldn't be a problem. Right?" I said with a fake smile leaving before he could reply.

__________

I walked into the house taking a seat by Amethyst joining the discussion about how to defeat the puffer fish. After bouncing back a few ideas we still came up with nothing that could work. At that moment Steven walked into the door with a forlorn look on his face.

"Hey Steven." Amethyst greeted upon noticing his arrival. "I've got bad news everyone. You've all been banned from Fish Stew Pizza. We all stared at him wondering why that was a bad thing. "oh uh that's okay." Pearl said. "That pizza wasn't even good. Besides why go there when I've got Blare." Amethyst said putting her arm around my shoulder.