Chapter 44- Loving me

A/N: This takes place during Mr. Greg

Black's Pov

Today's the day for many things. Today's the day I finally have my date with Garnet, Ruby, and Sapphire. Today's the day that I make one of the biggest decisions of my life. Today's the day I tell them...tell everyone who I really am. To say I'm nervous would be an understatement. I am absolutely terrified of what could happen...what I could lose. "Breath today is going to be a great day. I promised myself that I would do it tonight." I reminded myself as I made my way to Garnet's room in the temple.

I stopped right outside the entrance to her room to take a deep breathe. The love of my life. What did I do in all the thousands of years of my life to deserve them. A bright smile spreads across my face. I thought of all the moments Garnet and I spent together from when we were together and before. "Today is going to be amazing." I said walking into the room.

"Garnet!" I called out. I only got silence in response. I frowned slightly looking up at the clustered and corrupted gems. "Garnet..." I called again. I'm sure that we agreed that we would meet up here. I stood there wondering where she could be. Then suddenly I was lifted into the air. I shrieked in surprise of the sudden contact. My eyes closed tightly out of reflex. "Blare, it's just me." I heard the voice of my lover reassure me.

I slowly opened my eyes to see her staring back at me. "Garnet you scared me." I frowned crossing my arms. She just laughed sitting down on the floor with me in her lap my legs wrapped around her waist. "If it makes you feel better I have no idea what you have planned for today." Garnet said. I looked up at her with a big smile, and on the inside, I felt immense relief that my identity wasn't given out.

"That makes me feel much better. For once your future vision can't stop my plans." I said hugging her. "Alright then what do you have planned for today." Garnet smiled. I placed my hand under my chin pretending like I was thinking. "Well we did agree on the idea that I could spend time with all of you today, which means...Ruby and Sapphire will be spending the first part of the day with me." I explained.

"Such mystery it almost makes want to see for myself." She teased. I took her visor off so I could look directly into her eyes. "You have to promise me that you won't look into the future Garnet. That goes for Sapphire to. Please trust me." I asked seriously. "Always." She said before unfusing. The light slowly fading as it formed Ruby and Sapphire. "Ruby! Sapphire!" I cheered pulling them into a hug.

"I know it hasn't been long, but I'm so glad to see you two." I confessed. "We missed you too." Sapphire said. "So, what are we doing today?" Ruby asked as we pulled back from the hug. "We're going to make a cake for later today. I haven't picked out the recipe yet, so we can do everything together!" I smiled. "Alright let's go! This is gonna be great!" Ruby cheered just as excited as I was about it.

3rd Person Pov

The temple door opened revealing the now affectionate trio. The three made their way to the kitchen. Ruby and Sapphire took a seat in the bar stools while Black grabbed the cook book. Black grabbed the book and set it on the counter so they could look at it. "There are a ton of different cakes to choose from. I'm sure we can find something we can all agree on." Black said opening the book to the dessert section.

Ruby's eyes lit up as she looked at the many different desserts. "How about this one?" She pointed out. "This one's a German Chocolate cake." Black answered. "Have you ever made on before." Sapphire asked as she looked at the image of the gorgeous chocolate cake. "No, but I'm sure it can't be too bad. Do you guys want to do this one or do you want to keep looking?" He asked.

"I want to do this one." Ruby said. Sapphire stopped to think for a minute, and just for a second she almost looked into the future to see how many outcomes lead to them making this cake. At the last second, she stopped herself. I made a promise to Blare that I wouldn't look into the future. As strange as it is I have to honor that promise. "Let's give it a try." She finally answered. In response she received bright and eager smiles from her significant others.