Chapter 22- Love Letters

Blare's Pov

Things have been going pretty well. The town has been cleaned up. Steven and Connie are still friends, but we still haven't found Malachite. But on the brighter side I think I'm finally ready. "It's now or never." I said. "About time last time was a disaster." I jumped turning to see Amethyst. "Don't be rude Amethyst." Pearl added sitting right beside her. "How long have you two been sitting there?" I asked feeling self conscious. 

"Long enough to see you dance around the room and talk to yourself." I blushed deeply embarrassed that they witnessed that. "I'm sure things will be fine this time." Pearl reassured trying to change the topic. "Yeah if you don't accidentally start fusing again." Amethyst said I sighed letting myself fall on the floor. "You're right what am I thinking Garnet it already the perfect relationship. Two gems that are so in love with each other that they only need each other. I would just make it more complicated." In more ways than one. 

"Look Blare you got this!" Amethyst cheered putting me back on my feet. "Amethyst is right. I'm sure Garnet feels the same." Pearl encouraged. "Yeah Greg and Rose worked out so I'm sure you and Garnet can work too." Amethyst said. I smiled bowing in thanks of their encouragement.

__________

I walked down to the beach to see Steven and Connie. They were looking through the mail. "Uhh Steven why did you receive so many boxes of Sea Pals?" Connie asked. I sat down next to Steven smiling. "They finally delivered the mail." I said looking at the various boxes. "Yeah they did and I ordered one at first but it never showed up so I kept ordering." Steven said. "Are you going to start a farm?" Connie asked. "I'm going to set them free into the sea!" Steven declared striking a  pose. 

I pulled out the basket and blanket I brought down. "I brought lunch I thought it would be nice to eat outside. Especially since you to need to get your vitamin D." I said. "Thanks Blare!" They opened the basket while I laid out the blanket. "This looks great!" Connie said setting the chicken wraps on the blanket. "Thank you." 

"Jamie." Steven said. I looked up to see the mailman. "H-hi Steven." He greeted shakily. "You didn't bring more see pals?" Connie asked exasperated by the amount they already had. "No I just came to uuh." He stuttered clutching on to a pink envelope. "What's that?" Steven asked pointing to it. "Uuh it's uhh- here!" He cried putting it in Steven's hands. "But what is it? Jamie!" Steven called but he had already ran away.  

I stood next to the pair to look at the piece of mail. Something snapped when I saw Garnet's name on the envelope. It took everything in me not to snatch the letter and rip it to pieces. The two ran to the temple with me walking close behind them, with the basket in hand.  "Garnet Garnet! The most unbelievable thing has happen you'll absolutely die of shock!" Steven yelled. I crossed my arms at his exaggerated description. "It's not that amazing." I mumbled. "I'm busy Steven." Garnet said putting her goggles on. "But you got a letter." Steven said. "She stopped before telling him to read it. 

To Garnet,

When I saw you rise like ancient sea nymph. I white hot steel pierced the deepest artery of my being. You- You are a cardiac surgeon and I am you transplant patient, and you stand poised over my chest holding my still beating heart. Hesitating waiting wondering, so I implore you to join me for dinner or maybe lunch if you want to keep it casual. Next Friday at the crab shack. I await your response as the Camilla awaits the rise of the moon, because you know it only blooms at night and stuff. 

Love Jamie 

I frowned at his cringey letter. "I think Jamie is asking you out on a date." Connie said. "Well that ain't happening." Steven said. "Nope."Garnet agreed.  "Why not?" Connie asked confused. "Garnet is already in a relationship." Steven answered. "Wait Really?" Connie said looking at me for a brief second. "Well yeah she is a relationship." Steven clarified. "Oh you mean cause she's a fusion." Connie said realizing what he meant.  "Ruby and Sapphire are so close that they can't stand to be apart." Steven added.