Chapter 41- Hit the Diamond

3rd Person Pov 

The Crystal Gems had just arrived on sight after spotting the Roaming eye.  They all stood eyes trained on the crashed ship. No one knew what to expect. There was nothing but silence until the hatch opened. The only thing that could be heard was the hiss of the ship as the air within was released. Suddenly a Ruby with a gem as one of her eyes emerges from the ship. 

Steven stood staring at the Homeworld gem, "Ruby?" Garnet quickly grabs Steven rushing into the barn with the rest of the gems. 

The atmosphere of the barn was tense. Not only because of the looming danger of the Ruby team outside the barn, but the intense fear of the black diamond in the corner of the barn.  

Garnet looked out at the Rubies as they walked around the field. As she watched the Homeworld gems a plan began to formulate, but at that moment the fusion noticed that something was different, someone was missing. Blare!

She turned to look around the barn before she noticed the monochrome figure of her lover, huddled in the corner. As much as Garnet would have like to rush to his aid. She knew that she had to deal with the matter at hand.  

Meanwhile Peridot was in a complete panic at the arrival of the Ruby Squad. "I disobeyed a direct order from Yellow Diamond, and I called her a clod...to her face." Peridot explains as she regrets the boldness of her actions that day. 

Pearl however was not moved by Peridot's story of rebellion. "Oh honestly you call everyone a clod."  Pearl said shrugging her shoulders and rolling her eyes at Peridot. 

Peridot quickly jumped to her feet running further into the barn, "Yes, but not everyone has command over all the armies of Homeworld, waiting for the word to shatter me!" Peridot quickly dumped out a box of baseball equipment hiding under it. 

"Peridot we won't let them get you." Steven said walking over and taking the box off of her. "Haven't I caused you enough trouble?" Peridot asked. Her voice completely dejected, as she started to realize this might be the end.

"Don't worry Peridot it's our sworn duty to protect anything that calls this planet home, and that includes clods like you." Garnet said standing beside Steven. "That's my word," Peridot whispers looking up at Garnet. 

"Listen up everyone I have a plan, or should I say we have a plan." Garnet said with a knowing smile before unfusing into Ruby and Sapphire. 

The couple now stood before the Crystal Gems holding hands, but despite the smiles on their face both of them were worried about the other partner in the corner of the barn. 

"Hello everyone." Sapphire greeted. "Ruby. Sapphire." Pearl and Amethyst called walking over to the pair, happy to see them. Steven just as excited smiled running to them with open arms, "Huuuuugggs!" 

Steven pulled the two into a hug, that was gladly reciprocated. "Hello Steven." Sapphire greets the half gem laughing at his cheery mood. 

"So what's the plan?" Amethyst asked eager to address the problem. Finally released from Steven's warm hug Ruby posed confidently. Sapphire turned to look at Ruby with a smile. "You got this just act casual." Sapphire reminded her placing a kiss on her cheek. 

"Yeah casual." Ruby repeated placing her fist into her open hand. With that Ruby marched out the barn in a rather awkward fashion. 

Watching Ruby for a while Sapphire turned to their other concern, Blare. She slowly made her way to her to her terrified lover, taking care to make no sudden movements. As she got closer she could see that he was glitching between his normal color and the various colors of light.