Chapter 49- Alone at Sea

A/N: Here's the original art for Black Diamond. Released upon request of one of your fellow readers. It's not what his form looks like right now, but it is a past form that he's had before.  Next chapter is the 50th chapter, which should be done next week. Which means that everyone has until the 50th chapter to submit questions, excluding questions for the newly released character in chapter 50. Enjoy the next chapter and enjoy the rest of your day. :)

____________________________________

Q and A

Author(Me)

Black Diamond (Blare)

Moonstone

??? (Revealed in chapter 50)

_______________________________________

Black Diamond's Pov

To say I was worried would be an understatement. Much to my disappointment, Jasper had finally located Lapis. I'm not exactly sure how though. It was strange to say the least, and an unsettling moment that I'll never forget. 

6 hours ago

"My Diamond!" I sat up from the canyon wall with an inquisitive look on my face. Jasper was...smiling, and it wasn't a happy smile it was unnerving. "What is it Jasper?" I asked. Her smile grew. "I found her." I frowned at her statement. How was this possible? We hadn't had any leads for weeks. She quickly grabbed my hand and suddenly I was being dragged to some location. No matter how much I asked her to tell me where she was going she refused to answer. 

We were walking for quite some time, and as we got closer vegetation became more numerous. Until finally we were standing on the shore. I tilted my head in confusion. "There." She pointed out into the vast ocean a determined look on her face. My eyes widened. Was this some type of strange bond they had formed while they were fused. 

"Jasper I don't understand there's nothing there but water." I said hoping to steer her in another direction, but her gaze and resolve did not falter. "I can feel it. She's out there." Jasper was sure of her recent discovery. There was nothing I could do to change her mind. The look in her eyes said it all this was happening with or without me. "Then let's go." I said.

The Present

And that's how we how we've been walking on the ocean floor for what felt like hours. I had no idea what we were following, but Jasper knew exactly where we were going. Every now and then she would stop and close her eyes as if she was following an inner compass. The idea didn't seem too far off considering how long the two had been fused.

The ocean was a very beautiful place. The life within was free and seemingly untouched by the world on land. It was incredible, but other than the life bellow there wasn't much here. I could understand how this world could feel like a prison. There was no intelligent life. Nothing but the silence that filled the ocean like a void. Not to mention that some areas were darker than others.

I continued walking looking around until I bumped into something. I stepped back seeing Jasper. She was looking at something. I turned to her line of sight and saw a fishing line. At that moment everything clicked. We were following a boat. I turned back to Jasper and a satisfied smile graced her face.

Jasper grabbed the fishing line and pulled. The line quickly became taut as who I assumed to be Lapis pulled back on the line. Jasper smirked as she pulled the line harder. The struggle between the two was entirely one sided. Jasper hadn't even moved from her place in the sand. It was incredible to see the difference in power.

Watching it solidified Jasper's place in the higher ranks of gem society. I could tell that she was just toying with Lapis by the taunting smirk plastered on her face, but just as quickly as it arrived it was replaced by a serious and determined look. Letting go for a mere second she tugged on the line with all her might.