Chapter 28- Cry for Help

Blare's Pov

I ran in around the kitchen preparing the desert me and Garnet had been looking a in a cook book I found earlier. I was trying to be as silent as possible since it was still early in the morning and Steven was still asleep. I mixed up the batter until everything was together, before setting it next to the strawberry sauce. I silently grabbed the pans out the cabinet. I then proceeded to flour the pans before pouring the batter. I placed the two pans in the preheated oven. 

I quickly untied my apron and made my way to the temple. I opened my door stepping inside, making my way to Garnet's room. I smiled running through the various halls in the temple before stopping at the entrance to her room. I walked into to see her sitting next to the lava pool. I walked over and sat next to her. "Good morning." I whispered with a small smile. She turned her head to look at me returning my smile. "Good morning and yes we can." 

I frowned slightly at her us of future vision to guess what I wanted to say. "Gaarrneett why did you have to use your future vision I wanted to ask you." I whined. She laughed picking me up and setting me in her lap. "I'm sorry I couldn't help but to look. You were very secretive yesterday before we left to look for Malachite. It's a cute gesture." I was still upset that I couldn't surprise her. I crossed my arms in defiance not making eye contact with her. "How about I help you finish the cake to make up for it?" She asked I looked at her before nodding my head.

"We're still going out despite the fact that you know where we're going." I said standing to my feet. "Of course." She agreed opening the door. We walked into the kitchen. I tied on my apron and handed Garnet the other one. "Can you help me take out the cakes?" I asked she nodded opening the oven. I grabbed one with my bare hands enjoying the warmth, before handing it to Garnet. I grabbed the other one and set it on the stove. "After they cool we can start adding the whipped cream and strawberry sauce I made." I said she nodded taking a seat right next to me.

We sat in silence, my thoughts began to wander to Malachite. "Do you think it's strange that I'm concerned for both of them?" I asked. Garnet turned to look at me giving me her full attention. "Not at all in their current state it's not unnatural that a sweetheart such as yourself would be worried for both parties. Besides no one deserves to be stuck in such an unstable relationship." She said I blushed slightly at her subtle compliment. 

"I understand where they're coming from I just want what's best for both of them. The sooner they are found the better." I said getting up to check on the cakes. "There still a little warm," I said picking them up and placing them in the fridge to cool a little more.

"Oh, Garnet I want you to taste the whipped cream! I made it myself." I said grabbing it from the fridge. I set it on the counter quickly ripping the plastic wrap of the bowl. I went to grab a bowl but Garnet suddenly grabbed my hand. She dipped my finger in the bowl licking the whipped cream off my finger. I blushed, stepping back. "Garnet." I whispered shocked by her sudden action. She just smiled like nothing happened. "It taste great." She said I was still shocked by her forwardness. 

"Why did you do that?" I asked. "I just wanted to see how you would react." She stated simply like it was obvious. I frowned before grabbing the cakes out of the fridge. "So you can use your future vision to spoil surprises, but you won't use it to see how I react to your spontaneous flirtatious actions." I mumbled cutting the tops of the cake so I could layer them. Garnet set the strawberry sauce on the counter. We made the without any further sudden displays of affection.

___________________________

I was preparing for our outing. I decided to change into the outfit I wore for the beach part, smiling at the feeling of my toes on the ground. "Blare!" I turned to see Garnet standing in the door way. "Peridot has repaired the communication hub." She said I nodded walking out with her.