Chapter 27- Chille Tid

Blare's Pov

We were currently in the middle of the ocean looking for Malachite. However we weren't having any luck and I was exhausted. As much as I wanted to find the two gems; I was exhausted and I just wanted to go back to the temple. I had been swimming in the ocean for what felt like forever. My eyes felt heavy as I looked around for the fusion in question. The only thing for miles was sea life, rocks, and sand. I eventually gave up and swam back to the raft.

On may way back I spotted Garnet. Looks like she didn't have any luck either. I climbed into the raft just as Garnet informed the other that she didn't find anything. "Same here." I said taking my goggles of my eyes. "It feels like we've been searching for light years." Pearl groaned sitting back in the raft. "Uhh light years measures light not year." Amethyst corrected. "No it actually measure the distance light travels in a year." I said leaning on Garnet's arm. "Ugh and I'm sick of these life diapers." Pearl complained looking at her life jacket. 

"Safety is no punchline Pearl." Steven said handing Garnet a life jacket. "Safety is our job. We must find Jasper and Lapis. As it stands their fusion is a ticking time bomb." Garnet said throwing the life jacket over board and making her own. "Is Lapis gonna be ok?" Steven asked concerned. "She had control when she used her power to drag their fusion into the ocean, but a fusion like their's is unstable. Bound together by anger and mistrust. If that bond snaps their anger will take over and destroy." Garnet explained. "Don't worry Lapis we won't let you sleep with the fishes." Steven mumbled his exhaustion intensifying.

"We're going to have to keep looking, but first let's bring Steven home." Garnet said looking at the exhausted form of Steven. "Wh-what? No I'm fine lets go fishing.  First one to catch something wins." Steven mumbled walking off the boat. Garnet caught him before he fell. "I win."

_________________

"We should be out there searching. Not in here not searching." Pearl complained. "Sleep is a curse and yet a curse I need to live. Steven Universe." Steven quoted with a drowse expression. "Steven isn't like us he needs rest." Garnet said. "Don't you guys need rest too. You look exhausted." Steven said looking at us with concern. "We look awesome."  Garnet said. "Look you can't really knock sleep until you try it, and maybe we can throw a little fun into the mix with a slumber party!" Steven exclaimed. "FFFuunn?" Pearl questioned eyeing the pillows on the floor. 

"Yeah all of us together peacefully dowsing off. It will be like there isn't a vengeful fusion boiling in the ocean with hatred." Steven said attempting to convince us to join him."Steven's right you should stay in relax, but I'm going because I'm always relaxed." Garnet said but her expression said otherwise. "But Garnet you couldn't possibly search the ocean by yourself. Let me-let us help you. We're a team." Pearl said attempting to convince Garnet. "No right now you're a party, a slumber party. Blare will you be coming with me?" She asked kneeling to my height. 

I walked up to her giving her a hug. "Sorry but I'm done for the rest of the night. I can't stay awake any longer." I said giving her a short kiss on the cheek before pulling back. "That's alright love. Sleep well." She said returning my kiss before standing up again.  "Steven put these gems to bed. Don't stay up too late there are snacks in the fridge bye." She said warping back. 

"Now before we get this slumber party started. Would either of you care for a slumber companion?" Steven asked showing us three different stuffed animals. "No thank you Steven" I declined getting comfortable on the floor. "I'm good." Amethyst said before going to sleep. "Pearl?" I heard Steven ask "I'll pass on the slumber pals." Pearl said. "Okay sleep it up then." "Oh right. Is this right?" I heard pearl ask before I fell asleep. 

_____________

Everything was black and white I was in the bathroom in the house for some reason. I turned to look in the mirror. I saw my sapphire form  I was wearing a black hoodie that was similar to the black cloak I use to wear, grey shorts, and  light grey boots. I opened the door to hear, "Amethyst I'm  going to get you!" I walked into the living room just as the doorbell rang. "Who's at the door?" I found myself asking. Steven turned to look at me. For some reason he was dressed rather smart.